Exclusive Content > Research

In Praise of Virtue

<< < (5/6) > >>

Skull:

--- Quote ---If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.
--- End quote ---

Dwight Eisenhower

Skull:

--- Quote ---No punishment is too great for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin.
--- End quote ---

George Washington

Skull:

--- Quote ---I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him.
--- End quote ---

Abraham Lincoln

Skull:
I am certainly very near the end of my life. I am far from trifling with the idea of Death which is a great and solemn event. But I contemplate it without terror or dismay, “aut transit, aut finit” [either it is a transformation, or it is the end], if finit, which I cannot believe, and do not believe, there is then an end of all but I shall never know it, and why should I dread it, which I do not; if transit I shall ever be under the same constitution and administration of Government in the Universe, and I am not afraid to trust and confide in it.

John Adams to Thomas Jefferson, January 14, 1826. Cappon, Adams-Jefferson Letters, 2:613.

Skull:

--- Quote ---Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
--- End quote ---

Philippians 4:8

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version