Author Topic: Tonight: Wokest Oscars Ever?  (Read 1775 times)

Online DB

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Tonight: Wokest Oscars Ever?
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2021, 08:19:35 pm »
Even back in the olden days when they had emcees like Carson or Billy Crystal, and then you completely skip the crapweasels in between, I only watched the opening and monologue which were the only worthwhile parts and then find something entertaining to fill my evening.

If they would only come up and accept their stupid self aggrandized award and smile...then thank their God or Satin, and be gone!  Hell they could do the whole thing in 60 min....90 min tops!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2021, 08:23:39 pm »
https://nationalfile.com/oscars-bombs-with-lowest-ratings-ever-black-panther-actor-gets-zero-awards/

It cratered...

FTA:

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online DB

« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2021, 08:29:32 pm »
2014: 43.7 million
2015: 37.3 million
2016: 34.4 million
2017: 32.9 million
2018: 26.5 million
2019: 29.6 million
2020: 23.6 million
2021: 9.8 million

Haha...
« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 08:31:02 pm by DB »

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2021, 08:45:58 pm »
If they would only come up and accept their stupid self aggrandized award and smile...then thank their God or Satin, and be gone!  Hell they could do the whole thing in 60 min....90 min tops!
You had to love George C. Scott who in 1971 perfectly summed up the whole shebang, Scott famously called the Oscars "a two-hour meat parade, a public display with contrived suspense for economic reasons," Now there's an attitude that would have made Patton proud!

BassWrangler

« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2021, 10:18:43 pm »
FTA:

Love it. Hopefully it will reach the point where it's less profitable than running a Nightrider re-run, and they'll just stop having Oscars.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2021, 10:20:20 pm »
Tyler Perry's Oscar speech: "I refuse to hate" -- and hope you join me in the middle; UPDATE: Ratings drop 50%?
Ed Morrissey Apr 26, 2021 12:01 PM ET

This almost makes me regret missing this when it happened live. The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences honored Tyler Perry with its Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award, and Perry spent the next three minutes demonstrating why this might have been the best Oscar decision of the night. Perry told a moving story about his encounter with a homeless woman, and then declared that he refuses to hate — and hopes the rest of the world will “meet me in the middle” to refuse hate as well.

Courtesy of ABC’s YouTube channel, here’s three minutes of uplift for the middle of your day:

more
https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2021/04/26/tyler-perrys-oscar-speech-i-refuse-to-hate-and-hope-you-join-me-in-the-middle-n385878
Perry has always been a classy guy. I remember learning about him on Oprah. (Don't ask. It was on every day after school and I didn't have cable back then.) Critics have typically been harsh on him but he's always tried to imbue his productions with a firm moral message.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2021, 01:16:34 am »
The folks of Hollywood are getting their just desserts.

Many years ago, I went to see every movie in the theater, with the exception of animated and horror movies.  Usually, I saw every movie nominated, and had my opinion of who should win what.  I haven't seen more than 1-2 movies in the theater in the last 5-10 years.  This year, did not see a single movie nominated.  Guess what, I don't feel I missed anything.

After *sshats like Robert DeNiro, I just do not care to see any of them really.  I threw out all my movies with DeNiro.  I have over 1,000 DVD, and a number just shy of that of VHS tapes.  Ask me when it was I took one of them off the shelf to watch?  I do not even remember when!!!

I am sick of cable too.  I intend to cancel that too.  Screw them all.  Only way to affect these unpatriotic folks is to boycott them.  My list is long these days.

I went camping this weekend, and I had my cell phone with me, and it rang endlessly.  My wife said, "you're not going to answer it?"  I said, close friend of mine has a decent size farm, is retired from his regular job, and informed me he does not have a cell phone.  When he told me, I was surprised.  Everyone I know has one or more cell phones.  He said, "what the hell do I need a cell phone for?"  Going three days without answering my phone was in fact a pleasure.  PLEASURE I SAY!!!

F*&^ Hollywood.  All of them.