Author Topic: Tonight: Wokest Oscars Ever?  (Read 1784 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Tonight: Wokest Oscars Ever?
« on: April 25, 2021, 07:33:14 pm »
Breitbart News 25 Apr 2021

An Oscars unlike any before will get underway Sunday night, with history on the line in major categories and a telecast retooled for the pandemic.

The 93rd Academy Awards will begin at 8 p.m. EDT on ABC. There will be no host, no audience, nor face masks for nominees attending the ceremony at Los Angeles’ Union Station — this year’s hub for a show usually broadcast from the Dolby Theatre. In contrast with the largely virtual Golden Globes, Zoom boxes have been closed out — though numerous international hubs and satellite feeds will connect nominees unable to travel.

Show producers are hoping to return some of the traditional glamor to the Oscars, even in a pandemic year. The red carpet is back, though not the throngs; only a handful of media outlets will be allowed on site. (E! red carpet coverage starts at 3 p.m.) Casual wear is a no-no. The pre-show on ABC begins at 6:30 p.m. EDT and will include pre-taped performances of the five Oscar-nominated songs. The ceremony is available to stream on Hulu Live TV, YouTubeTV, AT&T TV, FuboTV and on ABC.com with provider authentication.

Pulling the musical interludes (though not the in memoriam segment) from the three-hour broadcast — and drastically cutting down the time it will take winners to reach the podium — will free up a lot of time in the ceremony. And producers, led by filmmaker Steven Soderbergh, are promising a reinvented telecast.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2021/04/25/tonight-wokest-oscars-ever/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Tonight: Wokest Oscars Ever?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2021, 07:33:39 pm »
I haven't watched them in years..could care less
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2021, 08:31:36 pm »

I couldn't care less.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2021, 10:22:12 pm »
Is that tonight?  Kewl!!!

Numbers that matter (ratings) get interesting tomorrow!  The dive into the ratings basement continues....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2021, 10:36:51 pm »

Ditto.  888high58888

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2021, 10:45:16 pm »
@mystery-ak

I do not watch either.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2021, 11:07:31 pm »
Posted by: mystery-ak

I couldn't care less.

Is It 'Could' or 'Couldn't Care Less'? | Merriam-Webster
https://www.merriam-webster.com › words-at-play › co...
Merriam-Webster treats the phrases couldn't care less and could care less as synonymous, both meaning "not concerned or interested at all." "Couldn't care ...
Support the USO

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2021, 11:15:24 pm »
@mystery-ak

I do not watch either.

Nor do I.                       
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DB

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2021, 11:37:07 pm »
It would be funny if Antifa gave them a visit en masse... Let them experience it first hand live... That would be entertaining...

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2021, 12:16:36 am »

Is It 'Could' or 'Couldn't Care Less'? | Merriam-Webster
https://www.merriam-webster.com › words-at-play › co...
Merriam-Webster treats the phrases couldn't care less and could care less as synonymous, both meaning "not concerned or interested at all." "Couldn't care ...
Then the dictionary is wrong, because if you say you could care less, that means you still have a certain amount of care when you mean to say that your supply of care is completely exhausted.
Please don't ban me Mystery-AK.  :0001:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2021, 12:46:16 am »
Yeah, I know, the usual "who cares?" contingent has already chimed in, but really, aren't these awards shows pretty much obsolete anyway? There weren't very many movies last year, for one. Two, there seems to be so many awards ceremonies these days that they all end up cheapening each other. The Oscars are the gold standard, but their standards seem out of touch with most moviegoers. It's an academy in the truest sense, and this whole exercise comes off as stuffed shirts trying their hardest and most desperately to be hip. It's failing spectacularly.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2021, 12:50:15 am »
Then the dictionary is wrong, because if you say you could care less, that means you still have a certain amount of care when you mean to say that your supply of care is completely exhausted.

Precisely.  "I am clean out of Bleeps to give."  Can't care any less than that.

An illustration of the concept of "Could not care less:"

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2021, 01:14:04 am »
I don't even know any of the current content that is up for an award. No movies, no anything. I don't watch tv or movies.

I watch history, etc. docs and that is it. No regular tv, news, movies, talk shows,  etc.

It has been over a decade since I stepped into a movie theater.

All my news I get here.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2021, 01:31:01 am »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2021, 12:37:14 pm »
Very Wokey McWoke:
LA’s homeless reportedly booted from encampment before Oscars ceremony
By Natalie O'Neill
April 25, 2021 | 8:12pm

The city of Los Angeles allegedly kicked homeless people out of an encampment next to this year’s Academy Awards venue to present a glitzy “image” while in the national spotlight, according to a report Sunday.

Scores of homeless people — many living in tents near the Union Station building in Downtown L.A. — were allegedly threatened and ordered to leave in the days leading up to the star-studded event,  according FOX 11 Los Angeles.

“They came to us about a week ago saying that we had to move by Friday 6 p.m. because they were trying to clean up for the Oscars,” a homeless man identified a DJ told the station. “They told us if we didn’t move, they were gonna just demolish our stuff and [that] if you have warrants we’re gonna take you to jail.” ...
NY Post
 :silly:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2021, 01:34:11 pm »

LOL....I have never banned anyone for disagreeing with me..
Support the USO

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2021, 04:17:16 pm »
I have no clue what you're talking about.  I didn't watch the Oscars.  There was a new episode of "Wicked Tuna" on.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2021, 04:25:36 pm »
I've been binge watching "What's My Line"  I am almost done with the shows from 1955.   We used to be a fascinating people here in the USA.  Now I pretty much shake my head at the shit that they put on tv and say;  "WTF happened to my people."
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2021, 04:33:49 pm »
Hollywood is a turd bucket.  No interest, with just a handful of exceptions in the past 20 years.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

BassWrangler

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2021, 05:33:42 pm »

Same here. Even before they started the Woke nonsense, I never saw the attraction in them.

BassWrangler

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2021, 05:35:22 pm »
Hollywood is a turd bucket.  No interest, with just a handful of exceptions in the past 20 years.

For sure. And the Woke crap has polluted the content they produce too. I find I am watching old films and foreign films mostly because the US films these days are largely a bunch of virtue-signalling crapola.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2021, 05:38:41 pm »
Tyler Perry's Oscar speech: "I refuse to hate" -- and hope you join me in the middle; UPDATE: Ratings drop 50%?
Ed Morrissey Apr 26, 2021 12:01 PM ET

This almost makes me regret missing this when it happened live. The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences honored Tyler Perry with its Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award, and Perry spent the next three minutes demonstrating why this might have been the best Oscar decision of the night. Perry told a moving story about his encounter with a homeless woman, and then declared that he refuses to hate — and hopes the rest of the world will “meet me in the middle” to refuse hate as well.

Courtesy of ABC’s YouTube channel, here’s three minutes of uplift for the middle of your day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZVvH3HvyNk

more
https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2021/04/26/tyler-perrys-oscar-speech-i-refuse-to-hate-and-hope-you-join-me-in-the-middle-n385878
« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 05:42:16 pm by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2021, 05:41:15 pm »
For sure. And the Woke crap has polluted the content they produce too. I find I am watching old films and foreign films mostly because the US films these days are largely a bunch of virtue-signalling crapola.

The news was stressing me out the other night, so I put on Trinity and Beyond to relax.
I will NOT comply.

BassWrangler

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2021, 05:43:29 pm »
The news was stressing me out the other night, so I put on Trinity and Beyond to relax.

I saw this Australian film last night - Rams. You might like it. Free if you have Amazon Prime:

https://www.amazon.com/Rams-Sam-Neill/dp/B08SWCRJLC/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=Rams&qid=1619458973&sr=8-2

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2021, 08:13:17 pm »
Even back in the olden days when they had emcees like Carson or Billy Crystal, and then you completely skip the crapweasels in between, I only watched the opening and monologue which were the only worthwhile parts and then find something entertaining to fill my evening.