Author Topic: To Stop Mob Violence You Must Crush It!  (Read 370 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
To Stop Mob Violence You Must Crush It!
« on: April 25, 2021, 12:58:38 pm »
The Post & Email by Ron Ewart 4/24/2021

“What has violence ever accomplished? What has it ever created?  No martyr’s cause has ever been stilled by an assassin’s bullet.  No wrongs have ever been righted by riots and civil disorders.  A sniper is only a coward, not a hero; and an uncontrolled or uncontrollable mob is only the voice of madness, not the voice of the people.”  — Robert Kennedy

“The student who invades an administration building, roughs up a dean, rifles the files and issues ‘non-negotiable demands’ may have some of his demands met by a permissive university administration. But the greater his ‘victory’ the more he will have undermined the security of his own rights.”  — Richard M. Nixon

Males, especially young males, are the worst offenders of crime.  Females constitute less than 20% of arrests for most crime categories.  (Source: Gender and Crime, www.law.jrank.org)

But what makes the criminal in the mob that will riot, loot, burn and kill?  One source describes it this way:

“When a group of people has assembled because they’re emotional and angry about something, it only takes one act of violence to whip the crowd into a fury. Others will follow the initial rioter’s lead and begin destroying property or hurting people. A lot of research has been conducted into the mindset of a violent mob. Being part of a group can destroy people’s inhibitions, making them do things they’d never otherwise do. They lose their individual values and principles and adopt the group’s principles, which, during a riot, are usually to cause destruction and avoid detection.  Being in the midst of a mob can be exciting and powerful, and it can make people feel invisible — they are part of a huge group, and they won’t be detected or held responsible for their actions.”

However, in this day of cameras everywhere, picking out individuals from photos and videos in a rioting mob aren’t that difficult, especially during daytime hours.  Just ask the over 400 individuals who have been arrested and sit in jail for their participation in the January 6th occupation of the U.S. Capitol Building.

In contrast, more than 10,000 people have been arrested for the rioting, burning and looting in 140 cities around the country since the death of George Floyd at the hands of a police officer in Minneapolis on May 25th, 2020.  We were unable to determine how many arrested were actually prosecuted for their crimes and served or are serving time in prison.  Many prosecutors refuse to prosecute the rioters and let them go free.  Not so the Capitol occupiers.

What prosecutors are not doing with regard to the rioters, looters and arsonists is called permissiveness.   Mohammed Reza Pahlavi, the son of the last shah of Iran, used permissiveness in his description of where Western civilization is headed:  “Growing terrorism, permissive societies, democracy collapsing through lack of law and order.  If things continue on their present track, the disintegration of Western societies will occur much sooner than you think under the hammer blows of fascism and communism.  Freedom is not something that does not have a breaking point, and your enemies would like you to reach that point.”

More: https://www.thepostemail.com/2021/04/24/to-stop-mob-violence-you-must-crush-it/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: To Stop Mob Violence You Must Crush It!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2021, 01:36:06 pm »
The permissiveness is just a natural extension of the behaviour expected when parents will not spank their kids, but instead make excuses for their acting out.

Sooner or later, someone else has to teach the lessons they should have learned as children.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2021, 01:50:29 pm »
 This is true

The only way you lower crime rates is to get tough on crime. Not “reforming” police practices. Not fighting “systemic racism.” 

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2021, 02:08:23 pm »
This is true

The only way you lower crime rates is to get tough on crime. Not “reforming” police practices. Not fighting “systemic racism.”
We'll see if big city Dem citizens learn their lesson...... that is less policing means more violent crime.
 I'm betting they don't learn their lesson and keep voting for the same fools that led them down the path to perdition.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2021, 04:25:29 pm »
Democrats have proven time and again they lack the intestinal fortitude to do what it takes.  This is true regardless of the topic at hand. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2021, 11:14:19 pm »
In hindsight, Trump not doing anything about these uprisings while criticizing Joe Biden for the 1994 crime bill which got tough on crime may not have been helpful to his reelection
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2021, 07:10:24 am »
In hindsight, Trump not doing anything about these uprisings while criticizing Joe Biden for the 1994 crime bill which got tough on crime may not have been helpful to his reelection
Had he done so, it would have been used to call him "racist" (not that the Dems were not trying to keep that mantra going, anyway), but they would have had something to point to. Add to that the cries of "dictator" and it might have hurt more.

Most anyone with two brain cells on the same frequency understood those assets were available, but it was up to the locals to call them up.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LMAO

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2021, 11:59:51 am »
Had he done so, it would have been used to call him "racist" (not that the Dems were not trying to keep that mantra going, anyway), but they would have had something to point to. Add to that the cries of "dictator" and it might have hurt more.

Most anyone with two brain cells on the same frequency understood those assets were available, but it was up to the locals to call them up.

Of course they would’ve called him racist and a dictator because that’s all they had. But had Donald Trump squashed these earlier it wouldn’t of been an issue that  festered all during the campaign. Plus attacking Biden for being tough on crime while crime rates are skyrocketing probably wasn’t a good strategy
« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 01:05:55 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater