Author Topic: Republicans push back against Biden moves to fund controversial UN Palestinian refugee agency  (Read 512 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Republicans push back against Biden moves to fund controversial UN Palestinian refugee agency

Republicans are pushing back against the Biden administration’s moves to fund a controversial U.N. Palestinian refugee agency which has been dogged with accusations of anti-Israel bias -- and one that the Trump administration stopped funding.

21 Republicans, led by Sen. Jim Risch, R-Idaho, wrote to Secretary of State Antony Blinken this week expressing concern about the Biden administration’s decision to resume funding to the U.N. Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA) that deals with Palestinian refugees -- and has faced accusations it teaches hate against Jews and Israelis in its schools.

TRUMP ADMINISTRATION EYES SLASHING FUNDS TO CONTROVERSIAL UN PALESTINIAN AGENCY

"We are concerned that this administration’s decision to resume U.S. assistance to UNRWA was made in haste, without any actionable attempt to secure much-needed and meaningful reforms of the agency," the lawmakers wrote.

"Beyond its inflated and duplicative structure, there are serious concerns about the impartiality of UNRWA. Over the years the agency has employed individuals affiliated with Hamas, a U.S. designated terrorist organization. UNRWA schools have been used to store Hamas weapons," the senators continued. "Additionally, there have been numerous cases of UNRWA textbooks including material that is anti-Semitic, such as encouraging the destruction of the state of Israel and supporting martyrdom and/or violent jihad."

Earlier this month Blinken announced the U.S. would restore aid to UNRWA, which was halted by the Trump administration, in the amount of $150 million as part of a broader effort to restore Palestinian aid............

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/republicans-biden-controversial-un-palestinian-refugee-agency
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline bilo

What was the percentage of American Jews that voted for Biden?
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
What was the percentage of American Jews that voted for Biden?
Almost all of them.
But there is a reason for that.
You see, American Jews are stupid fools.
They love the people who hate them, and hate the people who love them.
It is some kind of a Jewish genetic defect. They can't help it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Maybe that is why they were so popular with Adolf, eh?  Bawling about how bad the holocaust was, they work tirelessly to start another one HERE !
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions