Author Topic: California may lose congressional seat for the first time in history  (Read 861 times)

Online libertybele

California may lose congressional seat for the first time in history

The Census Bureau is expected to roll out California’s latest official headcount soon, and the Golden State could lose a congressional seat for the first time in its history due to a steep decline in population growth.

Over the past decade, the annual population growth rate has slipped to 0.06%, lower than at any time since at least 1900.  California would drop from 53 to 52 House seats - still more than any other state - and would in turn lose electoral votes in the presidential election.

Meanwhile, states like Texas and Florida are growing their populations and political clout. Texas is expected to gain as many as three seats, according to an Election Data Services analysis, and Florida two. Arizona and Colorado could also gain seats........

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/california-lose-congressional-seat
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: California may lose congressional seat for the first time in history
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2021, 04:11:33 am »
All I can say is great! And I live here. Now what about New York, residents have been bailing on the big rotten apple for some time now.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 04:12:48 am by GtHawk »

Online SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Re: California may lose congressional seat for the first time in history
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2021, 02:13:04 pm »
As a current CA resident, I wholly endorse this.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.