Author Topic: IRS holding over 29M unprocessed tax returns, delaying refunds for many low-income Americans  (Read 415 times)

Offline libertybele

Mine is one of them !  I filed back in February and they kicked it back because of a SS form that they supposedly need, but there is a note highlighted on that form to NOT send to the IRS. (I think I may be of the wrong political party).

IRS holding over 29M unprocessed tax returns, delaying refunds for many low-income Americans

The IRS is holding more than 29 million tax returns for manual processing, delaying refunds for many low-income Americans as the agency struggles to adopt a slew of coronavirus pandemic-related changes, according to its internal watchdog.

"As one would expect, IRS employees are stretched thin working through the manual processing of these returns," National Taxpayer Advocate Erin Collins wrote in a recent blog post. "So if a taxpayer’s return is pulled for manual processing, there will be delays."

At least 8 million returns have been placed in "suspense" until an IRS employee can review them to ensure the taxpayers received the fully promised stimulus check money. IRS officials are also calculating the earned income tax credit and the child tax credit – two tax credits for lower-income Americans that were expanded in President Biden's $1.9 trillion coronavirus relief package.

On top of that, 5.3 million 2019 or 2020 paper returns are awaiting manual processing, while 4.7 million returns have processing errors or fraud identification issues that require a response from the taxpayer. The IRS withheld 11 million business returns for manual processing......................

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/irs-millions-unprocessed-tax-returns-delaying-refunds
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.