Author Topic: How to Make a COVID Vaccination Decision  (Read 85 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
How to Make a COVID Vaccination Decision
« on: April 24, 2021, 01:57:57 pm »
April 24, 2021
How to Make a COVID Vaccination Decision
By Bill Rice, Jr.

In the debate over whether one should or should not get the COVID vaccination, much has been said about the “science.” However, I’m not sure any encyclopedic knowledge of “science” is required to make this health decision. Simple statistical analysis should suffice to inform one’s ultimate decision.

Statistics is primarily a study of probabilities. Fortunately, as regards COVID mortality rates, these probabilities are now known. That is, COVID mortality statistics broken down by age cohorts are now “known knowables.”

For example, through statistics as of April 7, the odds an American under the age of 25 would die from COVID were 1-in-106,217. On the extreme other end of the age spectrum, the odds an American 85 or older would die from the disease were an eye-opening 1-in-39.4. (Not surprisingly, albeit under-reported, the largest category of COVID victims by age cohort is Americans 85 and older).

This means that the probability a person in our country’s oldest age cohort (85 and older) will die from or with COVID is 2,696 times greater than the nation’s youngest citizens (those under the age of 25).

Given these statistics, If I was much older, I would almost certainly get the vaccine. But since I’m not in this age group, I don’t think there’s any pressing need for me to get the vaccine. That is, I can afford to wait and learn of any possible long-term (or short-term) negative effects.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2021/04/how_to_make_a_covid_vaccination_decision.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34