Author Topic: Los Angeles to Crack Down on Disposable Napkins, Utensils in Restaurants  (Read 627 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

Los Angeles to Crack Down on Disposable Napkins, Utensils in Restaurants

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/04/21/los-angeles-crack-down-disposable-napkins-utensils-in-restaurants/

Los Angeles is set to limit the usage of disposable napkins and utensils in restaurants as part of an effort to decrease plastic waste and keep a few extra dollars in the pockets of businesses that have been hurting due to the coronavirus pandemic.

The Los Angeles Times reports:

The ordinance is subject to Mayor Eric Garcetti’s approval and would go into effect for food and beverage facilities with more than 26 employees on Nov. 15, and for all food and beverage facilities on April 22, 2022. Garcetti voiced his support for the ordinance during his State of the City address on Monday. He also called for a citywide ban on plastic foam. The ordinance would prohibit self-service disposable foodware dispensers and prohibit providing or offering disposable foodware accessories to dine-in and takeout customers, except when requested.

Wow! I didn't know that the Land of LA had solved its problems with crime and bum-infestations! :sarc:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline libertybele

Los Angeles to Crack Down on Disposable Napkins, Utensils in Restaurants

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/04/21/los-angeles-crack-down-disposable-napkins-utensils-in-restaurants/

Wow! I didn't know that the Land of LA had solved its problems with crime and bum-infestations! :sarc:

As states and cities decide to go 'green' I wonder what strategy Kimberly Clark, Georgia Pacific, Procter and Gamble and others are going to do to combat the insanity?   Paper towels and toilet paper ... so will the greenies demand we do away with those? Can't very well flush corn cobs or newspaper down the toilet.

LA doesn't seem to be the cleanest city in the union,  so I can't imagine them washing cloth napkins, and silverware to any level of sanitation, and what about all the water and detergent that will be needed??

Liberal mental midgets.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
as part of an effort to decrease plastic waste and keep a few extra dollars in the pockets of businesses that have been hurting due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Their logic is stupefying, how is forcing an establishment to go to metal utensils and linen napkins in house going to put money in their pockets when they will have to pay someone to wash and store the utensils and pay a service to provide clean linen and pick up and launder the dirty...oh and they will have to find space for the clean and dirty. Or are they wanting the establishments to stop providing utensils and napkins for take out orders? That will help to retain customers, here's your food you don't mind eating your soup and pasta with your fingers do you?

I guess Los Angeles is trying to one up San Francisco, Portland and Seattle.

Offline libertybele

as part of an effort to decrease plastic waste and keep a few extra dollars in the pockets of businesses that have been hurting due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Their logic is stupefying, how is forcing an establishment to go to metal utensils and linen napkins in house going to put money in their pockets when they will have to pay someone to wash and store the utensils and pay a service to provide clean linen and pick up and launder the dirty...oh and they will have to find space for the clean and dirty. Or are they wanting the establishments to stop providing utensils and napkins for take out orders? That will help to retain customers, here's your food you don't mind eating your soup and pasta with your fingers do you?

I concur.  Obviously the liberal mental midgets in LA haven't thought this through.  I'm beginning to think that liberals have some sort of mental impairment that prevents them from thinking logically.       

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline rustynail

"Los Angeles to Crack Down on Disposable Napkins"....now do feminine hygiene.

Offline libertybele

I concur; obviously the liberal mental midgets in LA haven't thought this through.  I'm beginning to think that liberals have some ingrained form of brain damage.