Author Topic: Millions of Americans are about to get hit with diaper sticker shock  (Read 893 times)

Offline libertybele

I used Pampers when my son was born and used Huggies for my daughter. BUT, I also kept a dozen or so cloth diapers on hand along with pairs of plastic pants, so that if we didn't have the money for disposable diapers, we had a back up. Sure it's not as convenient, but it beats looking for loose change in the couch and chairs to buy diapers. When my first grandson was born, I looked for cloth diapers and plastic pants, and they just don't exist. 

Millions of Americans are about to get hit with diaper sticker shock

Diapers are a pricey, essential item for parents. Now, they're getting even more expensive, hurting low-income families already struggling with the pandemic's economic woes.
Disposable diaper prices rose 8.7% during the year ending April 10, according to the latest numbers from NielsenIQ, which tracks point of sale data from retailers. Diaper makers recently said they are planning additional price increases, which may further stretch low-income families' budgets if stores choose to pass on the hikes.
Kimberly-Clark (KMB), the maker of Huggies and Pull-Ups, will increase prices on these products by mid-to-high single-digit percentages in June, while Procter & Gamble (PG)— which manufactures Pampers, Luvs and All Good diapers — will raise prices on such brands in the mid-to-high single digit percentage range in mid-September...............

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/23/business/diaper-costs-families-poverty/index.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

Diapers are a pricey, essential item for parents.

Four kids, all cloth. The other way around. We kept disposables around for when we were out and about... A box of huggies would last for months.

Offline LMAO

Bad news for Joe Biden
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Bad news for Joe Biden

We're paying for them.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline dfwgator

"I'll take these Huggies and whatever cash you got!"

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
We used real diapers on three kids.  My wife's preference.

I find it hard to believe real diapers do not exist.  And if in fact they don't, I find it hard to believe one could not buy material to make your own.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Just checked Amazon, and there are a ton of diapers for sale!

Offline PeteS in CA

We used cloth, via a diaper service, for our three. When we did a cross country car trip with our first we bought a bunch of frayed diapers the service was throwing out. That let us choose to wash the unsoiled and toss the soiled without feeling bad about it.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Is this because the rising demand incurred by Joe Biden's affliction?
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.