Author Topic: Maricopa County election audit continues after Democrats balk at $1 million requirement to pause  (Read 8510 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Maricopa County election audit continues after Democrats balk at $1 million requirement to pause
The Arizona Democratic Party did not post the $1 million bond to protect the audit team from financial losses.

Author: 12 News, Brahm Resnik
Published: 12:19 PM MST April 23, 2021
Updated: 3:07 PM MST April 23, 2021

PHOENIX — A major political dispute over the results of last year's presidential election in Maricopa County is developing, but, for now, the audit sponsored by the Arizona State Senate Republicans will continue.

A Maricopa County judge ordered a pause after state Democrats filed a lawsuit to block the audit.

The pause would have been from 5 p.m. Friday until noon Monday, but the Arizona Democratic Party will not post the $1 million bond as requested by the judge.

In a statement, party officials said in part "the fact of the matter is that no one knows the actual cost of this sham audit and President Fann and the Cyber Ninjas have not once made this figure public."

Maricopa County delivered the first shipment of ballot-counting machines Wednesday for Arizona Senate Republicans’ audit, but only after the Senate agreed to shield the county from any legal or financial liability connected to the audit, according to documents obtained by 12 News.

One particular focus of concern for the county: The work of audit leader Cyber Ninjas, whose owner has promoted false claims about the 2020 election. Some of those claims have targeted the owner of the county's ballot-counting machines.

The multimillion-dollar machines were loaded onto three trucks at the county’s election headquarters Wednesday morning.

They were then driven in a convoy for three miles to Veterans Memorial Coliseum at the State Fairgrounds, with undercover sheriff’s deputies providing security along the route.

more
https://www.12news.com/article/news/local/valley/maricopa-county-judge-orders-pause-on-2020-election-audit-after-democrats-file-lawsuit/75-370d08a4-19bb-4f7a-938b-0260dfd52c96

https://azaudit.org/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The azaudit.org website is a number of live cameras at Veterans Memorial Colosseum in Phoenix, where the audit is going on.

My understanding is the Million dollar bond from the Judge is in case the Rats lose the suit, and they have to pay the auditors for stalling them.  When they refused to pay, the Judge lifted the pause.  The audit is going on right now.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DB

The azaudit.org website is a number of live cameras at Veterans Memorial Colosseum in Phoenix, where the audit is going on.

My understanding is the Million dollar bond from the Judge is in case the Rats lose the suit, and they have to pay the auditors for stalling them.  When they refused to pay, the Judge lifted the pause.  The audit is going on right now.

What do you expect to happen?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
What do you expect to happen?

I don't know.  It will be Hell to pay if it turns out the audit reveals Biteme won AZ by cheating, but the question is, did they do a good enough job of covering the tracks?  They've had 5 months.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline DB

I don't know.  It will be Hell to pay if it turns out the audit reveals Biteme won AZ by cheating, but the question is, did they do a good enough job of covering the tracks?  They've had 5 months.

I would expect whatever evidence there was is long gone. And when things don't add up it will simply be "mistakes were made" and that's the end of it.

BassWrangler

I would expect whatever evidence there was is long gone. And when things don't add up it will simply be "mistakes were made" and that's the end of it.

https://imgur.com/ezh9QtQ

BassWrangler

I have to say, I'm a bit skeptical about any firm stupid enough to name themselves "Cyber Ninjas". I mean what business person is going to want to go to their management for budget approval to hire a firm with that name?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I have to say, I'm a bit skeptical about any firm stupid enough to name themselves "Cyber Ninjas". I mean what business person is going to want to go to their management for budget approval to hire a firm with that name?

"Cyber Liberty" wonders, too.   :pondering:
I will NOT comply.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
April 24, 2021
Fraud: Democrats reveal their hand in Arizona vote recount debacle
By Monica Showalter

Democrats have a way of revealing themselves and their agenda, any time one of their truisms are just a tiny bit challenged.

So no surprise, they opposed a hand-recount of the 2020 voting ballots in Maricopa County, Arizona, which includes large or at least well known cities such as Phoenix, Scottsdale, Tempe, Chandler, and Mesa.  The vote went to Joe Biden.

Somehow, they didn't want them recounted.

According to the Washington Post:

Earlier this week, Senate Republicans exercised a subpoena to move voting equipment and ballots from county storage to the floor of the Arizona Veterans Memorial Coliseum, where they have said a team of private companies will spend the next four weeks conducting a hand recount of ballots and a forensic audit of voting machines.

Senate leaders have said the process is intended only to explore ways to improve the state’s elections, rather than to cast doubt on Biden's 10,457-vote victory in Arizona over Donald Trump.

But the recount has come under sharp criticism from election observers, voting rights advocates and Democrats, who have said it lacks independent oversight and could be used to further baseless claims about the 2020 election.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/04/fraud_democrats_reveal_their_hand_in_arizona_vote_recount_debacle.html
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Arizona Secretary of State Katie Hobbs calls for investigation into election audit security lapses
https://www.azfamily.com/news/arizona-secretary-of-state-katie-hobbs-calls-for-investigation-into-election-audit-security-lapses/article_4a14601a-a459-11eb-8e00-6be550278cef.html?block_id=997198

Hobbs could start by explaining her acceptance of campaign contributions from George Soros, Hillary Clinton and from a Taiwan company.  Foreign contributions are illegal.
I will NOT comply.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Media Is Very Very Nervous about Maricopa County Ballot Audit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DsKN3bV21M
Support the USO

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Media Is Very Very Nervous about Maricopa County Ballot Audit

I just love our @pjcomix!

"He who laughs last, laughs best."
I will NOT comply.

BassWrangler

What's a good site to get updates on the audit?

Offline corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

That can't be correct, I think it's a sample Chyron.  No way have there been 100's of thousands of ballots processed, and I'd be surprised if they gave daily counts again like in November.  They might, I don't know.

They're not only counting the ballots again (even hand-count), but they are scanning them with UV light to ensure the printed ballot has good pedigree.  Photocopied ballots will stick out like a sore thumb.  A fellow named "Pulitzer" is doing a forensic examination.  This is why the Rats are pulling out the stops to stop the Audit.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 09:49:00 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

BassWrangler

That can't be correct, I think it's a sample Chyron.  No way have there been 100's of thousands of ballots processed, and I'd be surprised if they gave daily counts again like in November.  They might, I don't know.

They're not only counting the ballots again (even hand-count), but they are scanning them with UV light to ensure the printed ballot has good pedigree.  Photocopied ballots will stick out like a sore thumb.  A fellow named "Pulitzer" is doing a forensic examination.  This is why the Rats are pulling out the stops to stop the Audit.

I agree. Plus the 150,000 is too round a number. I think they need to release what they know, and nothing speculative. Even sympathetic folks are sick of the "as many as" and the other speculative stuff.

Offline corbe

I scraped it from WZ.  It seemed plausible to me but what the f do I know. 
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
   I scraped it from WZ.  It seemed plausible to me but what the f do I know.

Hey, hope burns immortal.
I will NOT comply.

BassWrangler

Hey, hope burns immortal.

Keep hope alive.

I wonder what the Dem response will be. I am thinking they will mostly ignore it, but if pressed will say it's a partisan Republican effort that has no validity.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
"Cyber Liberty" wonders, too.   :pondering:

Count me in on this one.

This audit needs to be squeaky clean.

Already, the press is pillorying the effort.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2021/05/19/gop-arizona-election-audit/

Not good.....

From the article:

What I saw in Arizona shook me. If the process wraps up and Cyber Ninjas puts together some kind of report, that report will almost certainly claim that there were issues with Maricopa County’s ballots. After all, Cyber Ninjas chief executive Doug Logan has publicly voiced his wild conjecture about the 2020 election. But the real problem is the so-called audit itself.

Audits are supposed to make our elections more secure and transparent — to strengthen the public’s trust in our democratic process. Maricopa County is known for having some of the best election practices in the country: Officials had already undertaken a hand-count audit and a forensic audit of their 2020 ballots and found no evidence of fraud. Now a group with no expertise, improvising procedures as it goes, is sowing doubt about the result of a well-run election.

This is not an audit, and I don’t see how this can have a good outcome.

Offline DB

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2021/05/19/gop-arizona-election-audit/

Not good.....

From the article:

What I saw in Arizona shook me. If the process wraps up and Cyber Ninjas puts together some kind of report, that report will almost certainly claim that there were issues with Maricopa County’s ballots. After all, Cyber Ninjas chief executive Doug Logan has publicly voiced his wild conjecture about the 2020 election. But the real problem is the so-called audit itself.

Audits are supposed to make our elections more secure and transparent — to strengthen the public’s trust in our democratic process. Maricopa County is known for having some of the best election practices in the country: Officials had already undertaken a hand-count audit and a forensic audit of their 2020 ballots and found no evidence of fraud. Now a group with no expertise, improvising procedures as it goes, is sowing doubt about the result of a well-run election.

This is not an audit, and I don’t see how this can have a good outcome.

What?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It's WaPo.  They lie every day.
I will NOT comply.

BassWrangler

It's WaPo.  They lie every day.

I looked up the author of that article. She definitely has a history of working for "left-leaning" groups, in the area of election process and post-election audits. However, reading through several of her presentations, I didn't see any of the expected Dem talking points.