Author Topic: Maricopa County election audit continues after Democrats balk at $1 million requirement to pause  (Read 8527 times)

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2021/05/19/gop-arizona-election-audit/

Not good.....

From the article:

What I saw in Arizona shook me. If the process wraps up and Cyber Ninjas puts together some kind of report, that report will almost certainly claim that there were issues with Maricopa County’s ballots. After all, Cyber Ninjas chief executive Doug Logan has publicly voiced his wild conjecture about the 2020 election. But the real problem is the so-called audit itself.

Audits are supposed to make our elections more secure and transparent — to strengthen the public’s trust in our democratic process. Maricopa County is known for having some of the best election practices in the country: Officials had already undertaken a hand-count audit and a forensic audit of their 2020 ballots and found no evidence of fraud. Now a group with no expertise, improvising procedures as it goes, is sowing doubt about the result of a well-run election.

This is not an audit, and I don’t see how this can have a good outcome.
Another preemptive media strike, out to discredit the results before they are in. Typical WaPo.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

I looked up the author of that article. She definitely has a history of working for "left-leaning" groups, in the area of election process and post-election audits. However, reading through several of her presentations, I didn't see any of the expected Dem talking points.
SOunds like an editorial decision to me. Any hit piece on the audit MUST be presented by the most neutral appearing writers they have in order to bolster the impression (and claims) of fairness and nonpartisanship. 

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
What?

Earlier we discussed how this needs to be (in the opinion of some...including myself) squeacky clean.

Otherwise, you invite this just kind response.

Offline roamer_1

SOunds like an editorial decision to me. Any hit piece on the audit MUST be presented by the most neutral appearing writers they have in order to bolster the impression (and claims) of fairness and nonpartisanship.

What it boils down to in the end is simple math... Let's hope they get it right, and leave all the partisanship at home. Hard to argue with raw numbers.

Online Smokin Joe

What it boils down to in the end is simple math... Let's hope they get it right, and leave all the partisanship at home. Hard to argue with raw numbers.
I agree, but the politics creeps in when you consider which ballots are eligible to be counted.

Numbers that should be removed are those ballots which do not meet the requirements for valid votes.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Earlier we discussed how this needs to be (in the opinion of some...including myself) squeacky clean.

Otherwise, you invite this just kind response.

I look forward to the day you realize this kind of response is coming no matter what we do. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

Whats amazing to me is some here believe an audit of an election the rats won would be presented by the media as anything but a corrupt exercise in partisanship.

Online Smokin Joe

Whats amazing to me is some here believe an audit of an election the rats won would be presented by the media as anything but a corrupt exercise in partisanship.
Right. The only defense the Leftmedia has for the fraudsters is to point the finger and howl "partisanship".

C S Lewis

Offline DefiantMassRINO

One person's annecdotes with a big megaphone.

If there's actual malfeasence, she could always file a complaint or an affidavit with an appropriate authority under penalty of perjury.

If they are not risking going to jail under penalty of perjury, it's just more lamestream liberal media tripe.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
One person's annecdotes with a big megaphone.

If there's actual malfeasence, she could always file a complaint or an affidavit with an appropriate authority under penalty of perjury.

If they are not risking going to jail under penalty of perjury, it's just more lamestream liberal media tripe.

Who she? :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

BassWrangler

Who believes that?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Who believes that?

I can name a couple, but won't.   :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
I look forward to the day you realize this kind of response is coming no matter what we do. 

I realize that.

But in this case it seems somewhat justified.

You are handing them ammo to use against you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I realize that.

But in this case it seems somewhat justified.

You are handing them ammo to use against you.

If I handed a Rat journalist a banana he would consider it ammo.  Don't let them control your actions and language.
I will NOT comply.

Online Smokin Joe

If I handed a Rat journalist a banana he would consider it ammo.  Don't let them control your actions and language.
:beer: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

If I handed a Rat journalist a banana [...]

There's something different there... And I get points for not saying it out loud  888mouth

Online Smokin Joe

There's something different there... And I get points for not saying it out loud  888mouth
Why? We would not have heard you, we only get to see what you type... :tongue2:

C S Lewis

Offline skeeter

Quote of the week.

BassWrangler

True. I think quite a few of them have significant experience in "banana" grabbing too.

Online Smokin Joe

True. I think quite a few of them have significant experience in "banana" grabbing too.
Only the 'men'.

C S Lewis