Author Topic: DOJ investigating if Derek Chauvin should be charged over a 2017 arrest where he struck a black 14-y  (Read 508 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
DOJ investigating if Derek Chauvin should be charged over a 2017 arrest where he struck a black 14-year-old boy with his flashlight and knelt on him for nearly 17 minutes

The Department of Justice is investigating whether they will charge Derek Chauvin over a 2017 arrest in which he knelt on a 14-year-old boy for 17 minutes
    Chauvin, a fired Minneapolis police officer, was convicted this week of killing George Floyd after kneeling on the black man's neck for nine minutes
    Federal prosecutors had witnesses testify before a grand jury two months ago regarding the 2017 incident
    The DOJ probe is still ongoing and the Minneapolis Police Department was recently briefed on it
    The details regarding the 2017 arrest emerged when state prosecutors tried to convince a judge to let them use Chauvin's prior use-of-force incidents at trial
    The judge banned prosecutors from telling jurors about the 2017 incident
    Chauvin has never faced any charges over the 2017 arrest

By Emily Crane For Dailymail.com

Published: 15:25 EDT, 23 April 2021 | Updated: 15:57 EDT, 23 April 2021

The Department of Justice is investigating whether they will now charge Derek Chauvin over a 2017 incident where he knelt on a black 14-year-old boy's neck for nearly 17 minutes.

Chauvin, a fired Minneapolis police officer, was convicted this week of killing George Floyd after kneeling on the black man's neck for nine minutes while he was arresting him last May.

Following the conviction, a source told ABC News that the Justice Department is probing whether to now bring federal charges against Chauvin for the 2017 arrest and the one involving Floyd.

Federal prosecutors had witnesses testify before a grand jury two months ago regarding the 2017 incident.

The DOJ probe is still ongoing and the Minneapolis Police Department recently was briefed on it.   

Chauvin, who is white, has never faced any charges over the 2017 arrest.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9505283/DOJ-investigating-Derek-Chauvin-charged-2017-arrest.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

This might be in case he  either wins  and has his conviction thrown out completely  or gets charge reduction on appeal( manslaughter charge sticks but not the murder)

I’m curious how they would prove this really happen? It may have happened, but after the Jesse Smollett incident, hands up don’t shoot,  and other racial hoax claims, I’ve learned to be very skeptical 
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 09:46:39 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LegalAmerican

Time for Officer Tatum.  TWILIGHT ZONE TIME.   "Make police nicer for the worst of humanity, SCUM,  amongst us'.=L.A.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZdVTaL_d4Q

Offline LegalAmerican

This might be in case he  either wins  and has his conviction thrown out completely  or gets charge reduction on appeal( manslaughter charge sticks but not the murder)

I’m curious how they would prove this really happen? It may have happened, but after the Jesse Smollett incident, hands up don’t shoot,  and other racial hoax claims, I’ve learned to be very skeptical

Good post and WHY, was the 14 year old arrested?   THAT IS THE QUESTION.  Why is the 14 year old doing illegal things?

Offline LMAO

I’m not claiming that  Derek Chauvin is some kind of angel.

My concern is  that this trial may not have been fair and there was a lot of outside pressure on the jury to come to a verdict that may not be the right one. 
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 11:47:14 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline dfwgator

Why don't they just nail him to the frickin' cross, already?

Offline libertybele

Why don't they just nail him to the frickin' cross, already?

That's coming.  I think his appeal will be denied and he won't live long in prison; even in protected custody. They've already put him on suicide watch...                               
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.