Author Topic: Simone Biles Is Reportedly Leaving Nike Over Their Treatment Of Women  (Read 525 times)

Offline mountaineer

Simone Biles Is Reportedly Leaving Nike Over Their Treatment Of Women
Brianna Lyman
April 23, 2021 8:26 AM ET
Story at Daily Caller
Olympic-medal winning gymnast Simone Biles is reportedly leaving Nike and partnering with Athleta over Nike’s treatment of women.

Biles said Athleta, which is a female activewear brand founded in 1998 and owned by the clothing company Gap, better reflects her as an individual and not just an athlete, according to The Wall Street Journal (WSJ).

“I felt like it wasn’t just about my achievements, it’s what I stood for and how they were going to help me use my voice and also be a voice for females and kids,” she said, according to the WSJ. “I feel like they also support me, not just as an athlete, but just as an individual outside of the gym and the change that I want to create, which is so refreshing.” ...

Nike has been hit with claims in recent years that the company was treating female staff differently.

An informal survey was sent around to Nike female employees in 2017 surveying participants about alleged pay disparity, inappropriate behavior by male coworkers and lack of female staff, according to the WSJ.

Nike also faced criticism from female athletes like Allyson Felix, who also left the brand for Athleta, due to its maternity policies.
I kind of hope Nike's use of Chinese slave laborers to make their products also was a factor in her decision.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: Simone Biles Is Reportedly Leaving Nike Over Their Treatment Of Women
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2021, 04:02:51 pm »
Simone Biles Is Reportedly Leaving Nike Over Their Treatment Of Women
Brianna Lyman
April 23, 2021 8:26 AM ET
Story at Daily CallerI kind of hope Nike's use of Chinese slave laborers to make their products also was a factor in her decision.

Her use of "Me" and "I" in her pronouncement suggest it was not.

I have a reasonable familiarity with commonly available athletic shoe brands. I've not heard of "Athleta". Maybe they're clothes only?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2021, 10:16:02 pm »
I know you've read posts like this from me before, but...

... I'd never heard of "Simone Biles" until I read this article.

(I have zero interest in the Olympics and have never watched or paid attention to them)

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2021, 10:22:54 pm »
I have zero interest in most Olympic sports, including gymnastics, but I understand Simone is very marketable. I've seen her on TV advertising various products. Anything that might suffice as a smack in Nike's face is okay with me.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org