Author Topic: What Virginia Schools Will Be Changing About Math Curriculum...All in the Name of Equity  (Read 1130 times)

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
What Virginia Schools Will Be Changing About Math Curriculum...All in the Name of Equity

"[A]s currently planned, this initiative will eliminate ALL math acceleration prior to 11th grade," he said. "That is not an exaggeration, nor does there appear to be any discretion in how local districts implement this. All 6th graders will take Foundational Concepts 6. All 7th graders will take Foundational Concepts 7. All 10th graders will take Essential Concepts 10. Only in 11th and 12th grade is there any opportunity for choice in higher math courses."

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2021/04/23/virginia-schools--advanced-math-n2588441

One size WILL fit all, or else.

And the article goes on to say that 23 other states are following suit.   "You, kid!  You think you have a gift for math?  We're taking it away and giving it to Ma-Khia.  By the time you're in the 11th grade, your gift will be gone."

After all, the Rodents have already done away with American history.  And China certainly doesn't want any uppity American competing against them in the sciences, so naturally the Rodents are going to stop teaching math and science.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

So their plan is to make everyone equally stupid?  They tried this in the 1970s, and it worked.

This is the type of nonsense that drives parents to pay to send their children to private schools.

Math is all about equality ...

Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Well,that is ONE effective way for our rulers to insure their private school children are never challenged by public school children in any logic or reason context.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline PeteS in CA

Progs' "equality" dumbs down, not lifts up. Unsurprisingly.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
The purpose of public education as proposed by Thomas Jefferson was to instill true knowledge of the nation and of nature into citizens.

The purpose of the Rodent is to use the schools to indoctrinate future serfs into unquestioning obedience and willing servitude.   And serfs don't need to know math.   

Want kids to learn math?   Throw out EVERY educational theory imposed since the 1960's.   I was taught math by old ladies who started teaching in the 1930s.   Their teaching method worked, and they made no effort to be my friend.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
So their plan is to make everyone equally stupid?  They tried this in the 1970s, and it worked.

This is the type of nonsense that drives parents to pay to send their children to private schools.

Math is all about equality ...

An excellent example of why they say "equity" and not "equality." 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline berdie

I must be confused...Does this not violate the other magnificent government program..STEM?

Offline LMAO

Bill Maher had a segment about how China is moving way ahead of us. He said something to the effect of China’s not eating our lunch but have already eaten our lunch we just haven’t gotten the returns yet

What in it for  the left in making sure minority students especially don’t advance in life? I know it’s a rhetorical question. The late Walter Williams used to say if he was the grand dragon of the Ku Klux Klan, he couldn’t think of a better and faster way to destroy the economic opportunity of Black people than the inner city public school system
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LegalAmerican

One size WILL fit all, or else.

And the article goes on to say that 23 other states are following suit.   "You, kid!  You think you have a gift for math?  We're taking it away and giving it to Ma-Khia.  By the time you're in the 11th grade, your gift will be gone."

After all, the Rodents have already done away with American history.  And China certainly doesn't want any uppity American competing against them in the sciences, so naturally the Rodents are going to stop teaching math and science.

One size fits all?  Just like the commie uniforms?   ALL THE SAME? 

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

One size fits all?  Just like the commie uniforms?   ALL THE SAME?
No child left behind, even if the fastest are cursed to move at a snail's pace.

This has the added 'benefit' of marking the brightest, who soon get bored stiff and start getting into trouble, and often give up on school altogether as "stupid", only now do so with fewer skills than ever...

The attack is on the gifted, first, then the smart children who would have done far better had they been allowed to, or even helped along with that a a goal.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis