Author Topic: John Cornyn: Senate Should Pass Stand-Alone DACA Amnesty for Illegal Aliens  (Read 410 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
John Cornyn: Senate Should Pass Stand-Alone DACA Amnesty for Illegal Aliens

John Binder 23 Apr 2021

Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX) says the United States Senate should pass an amnesty for illegal aliens enrolled and eligible for former President Barack Obama’s Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program as a stand-alone piece of legislation.

This week, as Breitbart News reported, Cornyn and Sen. Dick Durbin (D-IL) led a meeting with 12 other Senate Republicans and Democrats to explore the possibility of giving amnesty to 3.5 million enrolled and eligible DACA illegal aliens.

The other Senators in the meeting included Sens. Chris Coons (D-DE), Susan Collins (R-ME), Bob Menendez (D-NJ), Lindsey Graham (R-SC), Patrick Leahy (D-VT), Lisa Murkowski (R-AK), Michael Bennet (D-CO), Mike Rounds (R-SD), Alex Padilla (D-CA), Ben Ray Lujan (D-NM), Catherine Cortez Masto (D-NV), and Kyrsten Sinema (D-AZ).

Though Durbin said this week that including U.S.-Mexico border-related provisions in a DACA amnesty is “one of the tickets of admission” to garner support from Republicans, Cornyn told Roll Call that he wants to pass a stand-alone DACA amnesty.

“I would like to find a permanent solution for the DACA young people. I’m no longer comfortable using them to leverage other immigration provisions,” Cornyn said.

Republican voters are overwhelmingly opposed to amnesty for illegal aliens, surveys and polls have continuously shown for years. The latest Rasmussen Reports survey finds 63 percent of GOP voters are opposed to an amnesty for DACA illegal aliens. Just 3-in-10 Republicans said they support such a plan.

The amnesty discussions come as illegal immigration has overwhelmed the southern border for months, with no end in sight. In March, federal immigration officials apprehended nearly 170,000 border crossers, including more than 18,600 UACs, nearly 53,000 family units, and nearly 97,000 single adults.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/immigration/2021/04/23/john-cornyn-daca-illegals-senate/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Is Cornyn this clueless?

Offline dfwgator

Is Cornyn this clueless?

Is he a Republican?

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Cornyn is a Republican, and hopefully serving his last term as senator.  He is from Texas, and I am certain he is being told he has to support DACA, but the country doesn't

I don't care who brought them to the USA, how long they have been here, that this is the only country they know, they all came as illegal invaders, and all should be deported.  And no, I do not think one dime of taxpayer money should be spent to educate them either!!!!!!

Cornyn is a RINO, and he needs to be primaried and booted!

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Cornyn is a Republican, and hopefully serving his last term as senator.  He is from Texas, and I am certain he is being told he has to support DACA, but the country doesn't

I don't care who brought them to the USA, how long they have been here, that this is the only country they know, they all came as illegal invaders, and all should be deported.  And no, I do not think one dime of taxpayer money should be spent to educate them either!!!!!!

How many of them really think of themselves as American, 1%, 5%? Yeah these are 'kids' :silly: who want us to believe that they speak only English no Spanish even though they were raised in families where Spanish was/is the first language. These DACA 'kids' don't think of themselves as American they owe their allegiance to their home countries, as they were taught to, they just don't want to leave their soft American life and goodies.

Offline libertybele

Cronyn needs to go, he is indeed a RINO!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.