Author Topic: Stocks Sink on Report That Biden Plans Massive Capital Gains Tax Hike  (Read 1210 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Stocks Sink on Report That Biden Plans Massive Capital Gains Tax Hike

John Carney 22 Apr 2021

President Biden will propose a hike in the capital gains tax to 43.4 percent for top earners, nearly twice the current rate, Bloomberg News reported Thursday.

U.S. stocks turned lower on the report, with the S&P giving up all its gains for the day and declining by 0.5 percent. Nine out of eleven sectors in the S&P fell, with health care and real estate barely hanging on to positive territory.

The new rate of 39.6 percent would apply to wealthy taxpayers with incomes over one million dollars. The 3.8 percent investment income tax that funds part of Obamacare would also apply, bringing to top rate to 43.4 percent.

Biden has also indicated that he favors raising the top marginal tax bracket to 39.6 percent for those making more than $400,000 a year. The top rate was reduced to 37 percent in Trump’s Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. Prior to that, it had been 39.6 percent since 2013, when it was raised from 35 percent. Biden has said that he wants to tax capital on par with labor.

Capital gains rates apply when an asset—such as a house, shares of stock, a business—that has been held over a year are sold for a gain. The current capital gains tax rates are 0 percent for a married couple earning less than $80,000, 15 percent for couples earning more than $80,000 and less than $496,000, or 20 percent for wealthier households.

In addition, a married couple filing jointly must pay the investment income tax of 3.8 percent if their combined income crosses the $250,000 threshold.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2021/04/22/stocks-sink-on-report-that-biden-plans-massive-capital-gains-tax-hike/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: Stocks Sink on Report That Biden Plans Massive Capital Gains Tax Hike
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2021, 06:47:03 pm »
None of this will bring much more revenue to the federal government. But it will make Progressives feel good about themselves
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2021, 08:37:50 pm »
None of this will bring much more revenue to the federal government. But it will make Progressives feel good about themselves
It will most certainly sink the strongest stock progression of our time into a freefall.

Could lose +10,000 pts rest of year as those with gains selloff prior to yearend.

He really knows how to destroy the economy.  Tax it to hell and spend even worse with no end in sight.

And we still have Medicare for all, reparations, the Green New Deal and welfare for illegals to look forward to.

Hard to believe he has only been at it for 3 months isn't it?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 09:24:34 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2021, 09:33:02 pm »
How about we take your money ... Let's tax political donations ... for the children

All those PAC's, campaign committies, exploratory commitiies, etc., flush with cash that could better serve society if it were allocated towards correcting the institutionalized injustices perpetrated by politicians.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2021, 09:50:00 pm »
Wall Street wanted Biden, they got Biden.

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2021, 09:50:05 pm »
How about we take your money ... Let's tax political donations ... for the children

All those PAC's, campaign committies, exploratory commitiies, etc., flush with cash that could better serve society if it were allocated towards correcting the institutionalized injustices perpetrated by politicians.
I like the way you think.

Why not expand and get Hollywood actors's pay to be capped as well as sports athletes?

Who needs to be paid $50 million a year to live in this country?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2021, 09:59:58 pm »
Wall Street wanted Biden, they got Biden.
Don't believe this will be legitimate.
The Communists will include some kind of backdoor out of it for their donors and supporters.
The only people who will be hit will be the people the Communists want to hit.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2021, 10:21:35 pm »
Why do I suspect taxes will go up for all of us, not just those making over $400K or $1 million?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2021, 02:19:43 pm »
Why do I suspect taxes will go up for all of us, not just those making over $400K or $1 million?

They will eventually rise, and your net assets will be debased and/or confiscated in some indirect fashion.  There is no other way for the democrats to fund their initiatives.  Just debating this act in congress will tank the stock market prior to year end. 

At some point, we are bound to witness an illegal flight of wealthy Americans.  Their assets are "trapped" here to a great extent by our unique worldwide tax scheme.  One possible route is the liquidation of tangible assets, followed by a move to countries with no extradition treaty.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2021, 02:44:05 pm »
No doubt that politicians with 10s sometimes 100s of millions of dollars, much of which was made by insider trading in the stock market, will magically be exempted from 'capital gains tax', as will their donors and supporters.

The only people who will pay this new tax will be Republicans and or anyone/any group the Democrats and their IRS consider to be what they call "right wing". For example, I am sure the Democrats/IRS are salivating at the thought of eviscerating Trump's portfolio and anyone who works at Fox News. However, Hollywood, BLM members, all prominent Leftist activists, will be left untouched.

"Law" in itself does not matter. (as we can see from thousands of glaring examples by Democrats)
The only thing that truly matters is how the law is enforced. (or not enforced)
In my opinion, this will be just another tool used by Democrats and their DNC run IRS to persecute anyone who does not fall inline with their goals and agenda. It will be used as a Sword of Damocles, a tool of extortion to force people into compliance with the Deep State.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2021, 09:20:09 pm »
All hail the Biden economy..........................Trumps fault.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2021, 09:28:05 pm »
The taxed income thresholds for the Biden wealth redistribution plan will shrink as we go.  $400K?  It'll be $100K in no time.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2021, 11:24:54 pm »
The taxed income thresholds for the Biden wealth redistribution plan will shrink as we go.  $400K?  It'll be $100K in no time.
Actually, it will be worse as libs take inflation to new highs so that today's $400k will be the effective future $100k.

A double whammy.

Online libertybele

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2021, 11:28:43 pm »

Lip service to their idiot liberal supporters.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.