Author Topic: Expecting Peace After Chauvin Verdict? Don't Hold Your Breath... John Kass  (Read 87 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Expecting Peace After Chauvin Verdict? Don't Hold Your Breath.
John Kass

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 12:01 AM

Watching the horrific video of George Floyd dying under the knee of former Minneapolis police Officer Derek Chauvin, even before charges were filed last year, I called it the way I saw it: Murder.

I'm often accused of being pro-police to a fault. But for me the video was enough. Just as with the Laquan McDonald case in Chicago -- the Black teenager shot 16 times by a white cop -- it was the video.

But I wasn't in that Minneapolis courtroom for the Chauvin trial. The jurors were in the courtroom. They made their decision on Tuesday: Guilty on all three counts of murder and manslaughter.

The jury did its job. That's what juries are supposed to do -- examine all the evidence, deliberate and review the facts in the cool light of reason, not in the passion of the moment. The justice system is not the media trolling for clicks or politicians playing one political tribe against the other. There was plenty of gasoline poured on this case during the past year with Floyd protests in cities and with some becoming violent outbreaks of destruction and looting.

Now that Chauvin has been proven guilty in court, will there be peace in the streets?

I'd like to believe that, but ...

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/johnkass/2021/04/22/expecting-peace-after-chauvin-verdict-dont-hold-your-breath-n2588313
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The article reads like it's written by a leftist trying to square the circle about the new Jungle Law.  The author admits he prejudged the case almost a year ago, and while explaining confirmation bias, fails to see he's doing exactly that.

Kass has no self awareness.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: