Author Topic: Texas Ended Lockdowns and Mask Mandates. Now Locked-Down States Are Where Covid Is Growing Most  (Read 659 times)

rangerrebew

Texas Ended Lockdowns and Mask Mandates. Now Locked-Down States Are Where Covid Is Growing Most

Tags Bureaucracy and Regulation
04/21/2021Ryan McMaken

Early last month, Texas governor Greg Abbott announced he would end the state’s mask mandate and allow most businesses to function at 100 percent capacity.

The response from the corporate media and the Left was predictable. California governor Gavin Newsom declared the move “absolutely reckless.” Beto O’Rourke called the GOP a “cult of death.” Joe Biden called the move “Neanderthal thinking.” Keith Olbermann insisted, “Texas has decided to join the side of the virus” and suggested Texans shouldn’t be allowed to take the covid vaccine. Vanity Fair ran an article with the title “Republican Governors Celebrate COVID Anniversary with Bold Plan to Kill Another 500,000 Americans.”

Other states have followed in Texas’s wake, and Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, and Georgia are now all states where covid restrictions range from weak to nonexistent.

https://mises.org/wire/texas-ended-lockdowns-and-mask-mandates-now-locked-down-states-are-where-covid-growing-most

Offline PeteS in CA

"Now Locked-Down States Are Where Covid Is Growing Most" ... it's more complex than that. California has been fairly locked down, though probably to the same degree as Michigan and New York. California's daily new cases numbers have been very low for a couple of months.

My opinion is that more extreme forms of lock-down hindered normal herd immunity development, leaving more people more vulnerable and more capable of spread longer than they might have been.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline thackney

My opinion is that more extreme forms of lock-down hindered normal herd immunity development, leaving more people more vulnerable and more capable of spread longer than they might have been.

I think you could only make that case if they had lower than average infection cases in the early months.  I do not believe they showed any statistical difference from other states.

I do believe extended extreme lockdown drives more activities like confined private parties inside rather than loose group activities outside.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer