Author Topic: Workplace wokeness: The moment I couldn't take it anymore  (Read 63 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Workplace wokeness: The moment I couldn't take it anymore
« on: April 22, 2021, 01:43:35 pm »
April 22, 2021
Workplace wokeness: The moment I couldn't take it anymore
By Bob Kingsley

My company provides services to insurance carriers.  Recently, a large, nationally operational third-party administrator issued a directive, excerpts of which I have included.

Hello Team,

We wanted to send out a note regarding this, as the Carriers do not want to see the word "tranny" or "trans" manually entered when referring to a transmission or transmission fluid as it is a Political Correctness issue.  We understand that it has been used for a while and is considered industry slang however, in today's society it can rub some the wrong way and create legal issues.  Please be make sure going forward you are not using these slangs on your estimate.

If you have any questions, please let us know. Thank you.

After about three minutes of thoughtful consideration, I dashed off the following in response.

In a world of insane hyper-sensitivity, wouldn't the phrase "rub some the wrong way" also have sexual overtones for those sad people that have nothing better to do than see if they can figure out a way to be offended?  Instead, normal, high-functioning people ought to rise up and tell that sad 1% of the easily offended to go and piss up a rope.  Tired of the P.C. BS.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/04/workplace_wokeness_the_moment_i_couldnt_take_it_anymore.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34