Author Topic: What's left to celebrate this Fourth of July?  (Read 365 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
What's left to celebrate this Fourth of July?
« on: May 19, 2021, 02:26:08 pm »
What's left to celebrate this Fourth of July?

The Fourth of July is near, but is there anything left to celebrate?  Last month, I took down the American flag that I have been flying since 2000 in the front corner of my yard.  I did so because I am convinced that the vast left-wing conspiracy in America and its friends in Communist China successfully used a secret weapon (the Wuhan Flu) against the world in 2029 and stole the U.S. election of 2020 while the world was watching.  The audacity of it all must have made Obama smile.

Now I feel so conned and sad.  I have four children and three grandchildren.  The America I have known for most of my life made me proud and gave me hope for the future.  The events of the last five years have dashed that pride and filled me with despair about the future.  I am not happy about the America I am leaving to my children and grandchildren...

Excerpt: Rest at above link
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Re: What's left to celebrate this Fourth of July?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2021, 02:28:21 pm »
At noon on January 20th of this year the American flag which has been flying on my flagpole came down for the last time. It was replaced by a Texas flag and that shall remain.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline rustynail

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2021, 02:30:23 pm »
The electricity is still on?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2021, 02:34:47 pm »
The electricity is still on?

Sometimes.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2021, 02:45:29 pm »
Good article... Folks are finally waking up to what I seen way back when I quit the Republicans - Even before that I was suspicious, though normalcy bias egged me along a while.

It is not the left - It is the LIE that there is opposition to them. There's the problem. The shining knights who were supposed to rise in defense have been largely feckless and dishonorable the whole way along. And that is where I will lay the fault.

But I will fly Old Glory all the same - What she stands for is important to remember.
But right under her will be that Rebel flag, and another that says 'Don't Tread On Me' - Both because it is important to remember what those were for - as that is all coming around again.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2021, 02:47:20 pm »
Never forget this!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2021, 09:50:14 pm »
Question:
"What's left to celebrate this Fourth of July?"

Answer:
What was...

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2021, 10:40:14 pm »
Well, Independence Day shall always be remembered in my mind as far as what it stands for, but the significance of what was compared to today, truly sickens me.

Last year, the fireworks were unbelievable, most of the neighbors were blowing them off and the individual displays were quite spectacular and lasted for several hours.  I doubt this year will be the same. Sad.  Truly sad.

I still b'que some bacon cheddar burgers and make a batch of homemade potato salad and probably corn on the cob and some watermelon. Might as well, while it's still available and affordable.

I heard on Beck this a.m. that there's going to be a power grab for our property rights.  Joy! /s
« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 10:47:35 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.