Author Topic: Lessons For The World From The Latest Failed War In Afghanistan  (Read 185 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Lessons For The World From The Latest Failed War In Afghanistan

Forty years since the Soviet invasion, it was Americans' turn to learn the same lessons delivered to all great powers who venture into Afghanistan.

By Sumantra Maitra
April 19, 2021

“I’m now the fourth United States president to preside over American true presence in Afghanistan; two Republicans, two Democrats. I will not pass this responsibility onto a fifth.” So intoned President Joe Biden in a speech marking the potential end of the War in Afghanistan on the 20th anniversary of 9/11. Had Donald Trump won his second term, the war would have ended in May, instead of September.

As the “war on terror” raged across the globe during the last 20 years, it affected life all around us, from air travel to the so-called “Arab Spring,” to the rise of China. More than 2,500 American men and women died stabilizing Afghanistan. More than 20,000 were wounded and maimed. If you count British and North Atlantic Treaty Organization members, that figure increases to around more than 4,000 dead, and double the number of wounded.

Those of a certain age will remember more than 100  British soldiers died in Helmand alone in the last decade. It is currently a Taliban stronghold.

One of the first countries to give aid to “liberated” Afghanistan was India. That generosity was paid back by a Taliban attack on the consulate with Indian police trainers dead among them. That was in 2008.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2021/04/19/lessons-for-the-world-from-the-latest-failed-war-in-afghanistan/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

Re: Lessons For The World From The Latest Failed War In Afghanistan
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2021, 03:39:41 pm »
China's turn is next.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2021, 06:23:40 pm »
Nobody learns the correct lessons from these events.  Shortbus Joe is proving that by using the 20th anniversary of the  "Islamic Day Of Glory" for his new target date. 

He's not just giving the freaks reason to tap dance on dead Uncle Sam, he's going out of his way to do it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2021, 10:15:55 pm »
dfw wrote (of the occupation of Afghanistan):
"China's turn is next."

I sense their modus operandi is going to be different after they arrive.
Quite different...

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2021, 03:35:21 am »
The failure of Afghanistan by Bush is simple.  It is the same lesson NOT learned in Vietnam.  What is that exactly?

WHEN YOU GO TO WAR, YOU USE EVERYTHING IN YOUR ARSENAL TO DESTROY YOUR ENEMY!

We did not do that in Vietnam, and every military action since.  The USA has been led by idiots since 1960, Trump the only exception.

How many movies have we seen where Americans work to secure a patch of ground in Vietnam only to give it up and leave via helicopter at some point?  Too many!

Afghanistan, a haven for terrorists, and what do we do, occupy it PARTIALLY while the very same folks that protected al Qaeda remained in control of most of Afghanistan since we occupied it.  Typical Bush idiocy.  Had I been POTUS, I would have made the southern half of Afghanistan uninhabitable, without putting one foot on the ground. 

Now they have ISIS in Afghanistan, and our media virtually never talk about it.  When we pull out, which will be soon, ISIS will consume the Taliban, and Afghanistan will become the ISIS caliphate.  We should warn both ISIS and the Taliban that should that happen, we will drop a dozen MOAB bombs on Afghanistan on their 12 largest populated areas, without warning.  And if that does not end the nonsense, we nuke with tactical nuclear weapons any remaining strongholds.  We have lost our intelligence on how to deal with an enemy.

As fas as I am concerned, the muslims have not answered for 9/11, not even close.  But again, we had another idiot as POTUS.  Now, we have an even worse fool as POTUS, and the damage this idiot will cause may well take the USA down permanently.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 03:37:32 am by jafo2010 »