Author Topic: Harris Eligibility Case Appealed to U.S. Supreme Court  (Read 1545 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Harris Eligibility Case Appealed to U.S. Supreme Court
« on: April 19, 2021, 02:12:30 pm »
The Post & Email 4/19/2021

On Monday morning, a case challenging the constitutional eligibility of Kamala D. Harris to serve as vice president or president of the United States which was denied a hearing based on alleged lack of “standing” is being taken to the U.S. Supreme Court.

Plaintiff Robert Laity believes that Harris, a former U.S. senator from California, does not qualify as a “natural born Citizen” as the U.S. Constitution requires for president and the 12th Amendment requires for vice president of the United States. Laity is therefore requesting a writ of certiorari from the high court via a brief expected to arrive at the office of the clerk by 10:30 a.m. EDT.

Harris was born in Oakland, CA in 1964 to parents who were non-U.S. citizens present in the U.S. on student visas. Her mother, Shyamala Gopalan, hailed from India, while her father, Donald J. Harris, was from Jamaica. While Donald Harris’s Stanford University biography states he naturalized at some point, there is no evidence that Gopalan ever became a U.S. citizen.

More: https://www.thepostemail.com/2021/04/19/harris-eligibility-case-appealed-to-u-s-supreme-court/

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Harris Eligibility Case Appealed to U.S. Supreme Court
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2021, 04:48:58 pm »
LOL.  SCOTUS will also declare "No Standing."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2021, 04:56:32 pm »
What an utter waste of time. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2021, 05:25:33 pm »
She gets bumped, Nancy Pelosi gets the nod, and Slow Joe gets the 25th...

Seems like a perfect setup.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2021, 06:16:05 pm »

NO! It is anything but a waste of time even given the feckless court we now suffer!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2021, 07:50:16 pm »
Not the natural born citizen thing again?

I thought the argument against Camel's Butt being VP was that Biden didn't win the election,.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2021, 11:04:28 pm »

I thought the argument against Camel's Butt being VP was that Biden didn't win the election,.
The fundamental argument is that her parents were not American citizens, and were here on student visas. That does not make her a Natural Born Citizen, as is Constitutionally required.

The stolen election is another argument, and I believe both arguments are valid.
The former is easier to prove, simply because the evidence is there, a matter of record, and can't be so easily obscured/erased/shredded/'lost'/"protected", etc.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2021, 11:06:43 pm »
The fundamental argument is that her parents were not American citizens, and were here on student visas. That does not make her a Natural Born Citizen, as is Constitutionally required.

The stolen election is another argument, and I believe both arguments are valid.
The former is easier to prove, simply because the evidence is there, a matter of record, and can't be so easily obscured/erased/shredded/'lost'/"protected", etc.

:yowsa:  And the fact the either ALL of the constitution matters or none of it does!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2021, 11:20:17 pm »
She gets bumped, Nancy Pelosi gets the nod, and Slow Joe gets the 25th...

Seems like a perfect setup.

Possibly, but Pelosi isn't in much better shape then president Two Masks.  She has dementia as well. Her time I believe is limited.

I don't like Pelosi in the least but my fear is that someone even more evil and radical will replace her like someone from the Squad.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2021, 11:22:49 pm »

Exactly.  If only we had a SCOTUS interested in actually upholding the Constitution, things would be different.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2021, 11:25:40 pm »

Harris was ALWAYS the pick. That is why they ran Joe. They knew he couldn't last and need her to be POTUS...for a space.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online libertybele

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2021, 11:33:20 pm »
Harris was ALWAYS the pick. That is why they ran Joe. They knew he couldn't last and need her to be POTUS...for a space.

They needed Joe in place so that Trump couldn't take him down and members of the past administration with him. Harris represents a woman of color for the vote and her husband's company made a large contribution to Bammy. 

She obviously doesn't have a clue as to what's going on and I still think she's high on something because she's always laughing hysterically.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2021, 12:40:20 am »

Oh, sure, I agree with that.   She failed to meet the requirements of the 14th Amendment birthright citizenship clause, since the 14th has no provision for "anchor babies".

But I like my argument better, that she's can't be a real VP since her team didn't win the election, Trump did.

We have to push back on their Big Lie, that they are legitimate, HARD, and ALWAYS.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2021, 12:41:43 am »
They needed Joe in place so that Trump couldn't take him down and members of the past administration with him. Harris represents a woman of color for the vote and her husband's company made a large contribution to Bammy. 

She obviously doesn't have a clue as to what's going on and I still think she's high on something because she's always laughing hysterically.

If they were going to use Camel's Butt to capture votes, they wouldn't have had to run the largest voter fraud operation in history, then.

She's always giggling because she's never going to mature past the mental age of 13.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2021, 12:48:57 am »
If they were going to use Camel's Butt to capture votes, they wouldn't have had to run the largest voter fraud operation in history, then.

She's always giggling because she's never going to mature past the mental age of 13.
She might have pulled in some POC and female votes, but let's be real. She was very nearly the least popular candidate in the Dem field for POTUS.

C S Lewis

Online libertybele

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2021, 01:06:36 am »
She might have pulled in some POC and female votes, but let's be real. She was very nearly the least popular candidate in the Dem field for POTUS.

I believe it was the contribution that her husband's company made to Bammy 's campaign that got her the VP slot, but also I think she was selected for a much bigger reason that hasn't quite surfaced yet.

The SCOTUS is never going to rule against a black female anyways, especially with the racial upheaval that we continue to experience.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 01:08:02 am by libertybele »

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2021, 01:51:44 am »

Al Bore was picked by The Rapist because the Rapist wanted to scare people with the thought of what his replacement would mean.

Biden was picked by The Kenyan because the Kenyan wanted to scare people with the thought of what his replacement would mean.

Camel's Butt was picked by The Kenyan because the Kenyan wanted to scare people with the thought of what replacing Biden would do to the country.

Scary, isn't it?

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2021, 01:56:45 am »
I believe it was the contribution that her husband's company made to Bammy 's campaign that got her the VP slot, but also I think she was selected for a much bigger reason that hasn't quite surfaced yet.

The SCOTUS is never going to rule against a black female anyways, especially with the racial upheaval that we continue to experience.

The reason she was selected is obvious.

Harris has a VERY long history of giving men ANYTHING they wanted if they would promote her to the next level.

She clearly knows that her promotion to the Final Level will come with, not strings, but anchor chains and Japanese knots, that those men that put her into the highest position will always retain some way to remove her if she doesn't obey.

It's that simple.  Harris was the whore California Attorney General that argued against early prison release, not for public safety concerns, but out of concern that the cities using prison labor wouldn't be able to afford to replace the convict labor with civilians.    She'll do ANYTHING, anything at all.  Even sleep with Willy Brown.  I wonder if she's had private meetings with Bill Clinton or Michelle Obama? (Barack Obama isn't interested in her feminine charms, obviously)

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2021, 02:46:37 am »

I think the contribution might have helped grease the skids, but I don't think this alone is why Harris was selected.

Here were the reasonable female choices for VP:
* Amy Klobachar
* Elizabeth Warren
* Kamala Harris
* Stacy Abrams
* Gretchen Whitmer
* Hillary Clinton

Which one of those six women could be counted on to keep quiet about the fraud and theft of the election (without a later blackmail backlash) --- AND --- would give no pushback to shutting up and doing what she was told for the next four to eight years, even when holding the title of President of the United States?

Harris was uniquely qualified. The black/Indian/Asian thing was just a cherry on top of a needed empty, pliable pantsuit.

Hubby's money could be counted on in the future, as could his help if needed to keep his wife toeing the line. 

Two corrupt souls for the price of one.   :beer:

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2021, 12:18:37 pm »
Natural Born Citizens and USSC Docket 20-1503

The Post & Email by Joseph DeMaio 5/16/2021

WHO IS -- AND IS NOT -- A "NATURAL BORN CITIZEN"?

When, in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for your humble servant to respond to comments in greater detail than allowed in the designated section of P&E posts, a longer post is required.  Such is the case with this offering regarding assertions made by those who reject the likely application of Book I, Ch. 19, § 212 of Emmerich de Vattel’s 1758 treatise, “Le Droit des Gens” or “The Law of Nations,” to the proper interpretation of Art. 2, § 1, Cl. 5 of the Constitution, the “natural born Citizen” restriction for the presidency.  Here we go again.

Valued P&E readers, that which follows is somewhat convoluted, but given that the issues are less than simple, a more complex explanation is necessitated.  Translation (more on that topic later…): keep some of your favorite caffeinated beverages handy.  Your humble servant has his can of Dr Pepper nearby.  In addition, it is assumed that readers are already possessed of some historical background relating to the issues, since complete treatment of all the interstices of the matter would make this offering much longer. For that, see all of your servant’s prior P&E posts on the topic.

Ready?  Let us begin.

In response to this post addressing what a hypothetical amicus curiae brief in the “Laity v. Harris” matter now pending in the U.S. Supreme Court might look like, several commenters have pointed out various “errors” and purported anomalies in the article.  The substantive, as opposed to tertiary (has the CRS been contacted?) comments have been chiefly directed at the assertion that in the 1760 London edition English translation of de Vattel’s tome, in §212, the French word “indigènes” was translated as “natural born citizens.”

Specifically, commenter Becker asserts (comment posted May 9, 2021 at 4:50 PM) that in all editions of the English translated work prior to 1797, the word remained “indigènes” and did not appear as the “natural born citizens” English translation until the 1797 London edition.  That comment is correct, at least when referencing the London and Dublin editions, noted in the same comment.  However, the record is unclear as to whether other editions from other translators making the “natural born citizen” translation existed prior to July 25, 1787, the date of John Jay’s “hint” letter to George Washington.  For purposes of the following discussion, however, that uncertainty is immaterial.

Regardless, the veiled suggestion is made that, because when John Jay composed his “hint” letter to General Washington in 1787, no edition of the Vattel tome translated the French word “indigènes” as “natural born citizens,” Jay could not have relied on the treatise when he used that very term in his letter to General Washington.  Whether Jay relied on other translations is unknown.

That uncertainty aside, for purposes of discussion, it will be assumed that the comment positing that the “natural born citizens” translation did not appear until the 1797 London edition is not inaccurate.  It is noteworthy, however, that this same point was argued, using essentially the same logic, in the 2011 version of the Congressional Research Service Report R42097, discussed here, and was equally unavailing there.  But more on that report later.

Your humble servant confesses that the likely source for the reference to the 1760 translation as including – perhaps, but perhaps not – the words “natural born citizens” was the citation to the work found in the Wikipedia entry found here. Memo to readers (and your humble servant): exercise caution when sourcing facts to “open source” websites, i.e., sites which can be edited by virtually anyone, with or without expertise or supervision.

That said, Wikipedia can be a source of useful information, as well as disinformation.  In this instance, it may be both, as evidenced by footnote 1 therein, referencing the 1758 original French version of the treatise, as well as the text discussing who came into possession of copies of the original version of the tome: Founder Benjamin Franklin.

More: https://www.thepostemail.com/2021/05/16/natural-born-citizens-and-ussc-docket-20-1503/

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2021, 06:55:22 pm »
Al Bore was picked by The Rapist because the Rapist wanted to scare people with the thought of what his replacement would mean.

Biden was picked by The Kenyan because the Kenyan wanted to scare people with the thought of what his replacement would mean.

Camel's Butt was picked by The Kenyan because the Kenyan wanted to scare people with the thought of what replacing Biden would do to the country.

Scary, isn't it?
No. Just typical. Liberals cash in on fear wherever they go.

C S Lewis

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2021, 09:07:13 pm »

Second only to Biden.

After all, it's not like either clown was going to have to campaign or convince one single person to vote for them.   They stole the election from Trump the old fashioned way, with fraud on the most massive scale ever.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2021, 09:16:40 pm »
SCOTUS has never applied the term "natural born citizen" to any other category than “those born in the country of parents who are citizens thereof”

The Venus, 12 U.S. 8 Cranch 253 253 (1814)

The natives or indigenes are those born in the country of parents who are citizens.

Minor v. Happersett , 88 U.S. 162 (1875)

At common law, with the nomenclature of which the framers of the Constitution were familiar, it was never doubted that all children born in a country of parents who were its citizens became themselves, upon their birth, citizens also. These were natives or natural-born citizens,

United States v. Wong Kim Ark, 169 U.S. 649 (1898)

(A)ll children, born in a country of parents who were its citizens, became themselves, upon their birth, citizens also. These were natives, or natural-born citizens, as distinguished from aliens or foreigners.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2021, 03:32:46 am »
Second only to Biden.

After all, it's not like either clown was going to have to campaign or convince one single person to vote for them.   They stole the election from Trump the old fashioned way, with fraud on the most massive scale ever.

No argument, here. That's how it looks to me, too.

C S Lewis

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2021, 12:56:14 pm »
Was Kamala Harris’s Father Naturalized in 1981?

IF SO, DOES IT PROVE KAMALA'S INELIGIBILITY?

The Post & Email 5/21/2021

https://www.thepostemail.com/2021/05/21/was-kamala-harriss-father-naturalized-in-1981/

On Friday evening the Twitter account “@kamalakancel” posted what appears to be a naturalization certificate[/url] for Donald Jasper Harris, the father of Kamala Harris.

The certificate appears to bear the date stamp “14 SEP 1981,” which, if authentic and accurate, indicates Donald Harris, who was born in Jamaica and arrived in the U.S. on a student visa in the early 1960s, naturalized as an American citizen approximately a month prior to his elder daughter Kamala’s 17th birthday.

Kamala Harris, who was born on October 20, 1964 in Oakland, CA and currently occupies the office of vice president, has been challenged by New York State citizen and registered voter Robert C. Laity on the claim that she is not constitutionally eligible to hold the office as a “natural born Citizen.”

Prior to the lawsuit, Kamala Harris and then-Attorney General William P. Barr declined to respond to Laity’s August filing of a Quo Warranto action in Washington, DC to determine whether or not she would usurp the office of vice president were she and running-mate Joe Biden elected on November 3, 2020.

More at link.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2021, 12:57:15 pm by Elderberry »