Author Topic: George W. Bush: Trump Lacked the ‘Humility’ Necessary to be an Effective Leader  (Read 5221 times)

Online roamer_1

If in 2006, Bush had exhibited Trump's leadership qualities, then he could have gotten the Social Security Privatization bill passed which would have resulted in GOP control of everything for the next quarter century.  And if Trump had possessed Bush's team-building qualities, he wouldn't have found himself betrayed by so many of those serving under him.

That's probably fair.

No one is perfect, neither Bush nor Trump.  But they both did a good job with what they had.  Both were far better than Clinton, Obama, or whoever is controlling the white house now.

I will disagree on that. And it's a mighty low bar. If that's the best we can do, we are done for. Though we are probably done for anyhoo at this point, thanks largely to Boosh and Tumpy.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
This is because there is a profound difference between the two men. George W. Bush to his core is a liar; Donald J. Trump is not.

Donald J. Trump fights for what he says he will do; George W. Bush fights to hide his true intentions.

If George W. Bush truly understood humility, he would know he is not fit to scrape the mud off the bottom of Donald J. Trump's boots.

@Right_in_Virginia

I have to disagree with that one. I don't think he is smart enough to be a liar. I think he is the alleged Republican version of Slow Joe.

I don't know if he was born retarded,or if years of drinking and drug use fried what little brain he had,but I would pay cash money to see him and Biden debating live on tv with no handlers present,and no "ear buds".

Maybe have someone like Steve Martin as the moderator asking the questions.

Hell,comedy central would pay big bucks to air that one!

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Dumbya pulled the wool over our eyes.

@dfwgator

Truly,he didn't. Ray Charles could tell at a glance he was a borderline retard.

What got him elected was he seemed to be a good-natured borderline retard,and I am GUESSING that without his mama telling him what to do,that is what he would have been.

Add to that the retard he was running against,and he almost seemed smart. THAT boy was record-setting D....U....M.

She was a evil bitch,and she was the one pulling the strings that made his mouth open and close.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The main reason I now dislike W as he concentrates on dissing only Republicans, never Democrats.

@IsailedawayfromFR

You say that just like there is something new about it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

I just don't wear blinkers.

@Sighlass

ROFLMAO!

BTW,I believe they are called "blinders".
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 07:35:58 am by sneakypete »

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Bush and Trumpy are the cause of our doom, not the democrats slick willy, Obama, Biden?
Seriously, are illegal substances being passed around here?    The hate, despise, annihilate/destroy America crowd is politically owned by Soros's dogs, the democrat party  (and some here).  Blame shift to give the perps (democrats) a pass?  In what parallel universe?
 :silly: :silly: :silly:  The clowns just keep clowning around!  Comediennes roam about.
 :mauslaff: 000hehehehe :mauslaff:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
@Sighlass

ROFLMAO!

BTW,I believe they are called "blinders".

Yeah, we call them blinders here too, but I noticed that wiki has the main term as "blinkers", so I called them that. The wiki talk page on the subject is a mismatch of discussion on what people have called it and heard it called.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blinkers_(horse_tack)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 08:00:58 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online Right_in_Virginia

Again, what was the lie?

I answered you @Hoodat   Reread my post to you.  It's plain as day. 

Online roamer_1

Bush and Trumpy are the cause of our doom, not the democrats slick willy, Obama, Biden?
[...]
Blame shift to give the perps (democrats) a pass?  In what parallel universe?

INDEED they are to blame. They represent the champion who was raised up to combat the Democrats.
That champion did not fight. He never raised his sword. In fact, he spent his time in Democrat bars and parties, with fast Democrat women.
And he likes it like that.

FECKLESS. *SPIT*

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
@catfish1957

I'm curious about what it is that makes you think you are wrong?

lol...you got admit, that screen shot of his YouTube video is not one of someone of "intellect"
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Just throwing this out here....

Pres. GWB's presidency turned more than once due to his consulting with not only his globalist father Pres. GHWB, but also his mother.

I have to believe that his ability to turn his life of drugs and alcohol around ...unlike Hunter Biden, was beat into his head regularly...to become the most powerful man in the world?

Sure his mother, Barbara had a strong opinion on it.

For example..."Compassionate Conservatism" was born out of his personal experience in his family with the Hispanic culture.  It also show up in the manner he treated Saddam's retreating forces from Kuwait.  He chose The Highway of Death as opposed to expanding the conflict and going into Baghdad and finishing the job.

Also...marching into Iraq as personal revenge for the subsequent failed assassination attempt on his father.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
For example..."Compassionate Conservatism" was born out of his personal experience in his family with the Hispanic culture. 

The term compassionate conservative makes me puke. Just like that kinder gentler shit his pop would say.  The Bushies turned hardline Goldwater / Reagan conservatives into the whimp bleep capitulating GOP(e) pukes that they are today. 

Overall, he and his dad's tenure were a big NEGATIVE, not only for the country, but for the GOP.  Hopefully we have seen the last of them on the national stage.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline dfwgator

The term compassionate conservative makes me puke. Just like that kinder gentler shit his pop would say.  The Bushies turned hardline Goldwater / Reagan conservatives into the whimp bleep capitulating GOP(e) pukes that they are today. 

Overall, he and his dad's tenure were a big NEGATIVE, not only for the country, but for the GOP.  Hopefully we have seen the last of them on the national stage.

"Compassionate Conservatism" is neither.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
"Compassionate Conservatism" is neither.

After helping fund these f'n slug entitlement junkies my entire life with my tax dollars, I am anything but compassionate.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
If in 2006, Bush had exhibited Trump's leadership qualities, then he could have gotten the Social Security Privatization bill passed which would have resulted in GOP control of everything for the next quarter century.  And if Trump had possessed Bush's team-building qualities, he wouldn't have found himself betrayed by so many of those serving under him.

This is true @Hoodat but he decided to listen to the likes of Karl Rove and Karen Hughes instead and over the cliff he went on domestic policy.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 01:45:06 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Hoodat

I answered you @Hoodat   Reread my post to you.  It's plain as day.

Yep, that't the exact same response I get from Democrats.  If you can't come up with one, just say so.

I can accept the fact that you are to the left of Bush on things like trade.  But it doesn't make him a liar.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
As much as I love how Bush did things to help the military during his 8 years in office...this "humility" he talks about made him a doormat for the Dems during those same 8 years.  Especially after the 2006 midterms.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Seriously, are illegal substances being passed around here?    The hate, despise, annihilate/destroy America crowd is politically owned by Soros's dogs, the democrat party  (and some here).  Blame shift to give the perps (democrats) a pass?  In what parallel universe?
 :silly: :silly: :silly:  The clowns just keep clowning around!  Comediennes roam about.
 :mauslaff: 000hehehehe :mauslaff:

None of them are clean...all bear a piece of the blame for where we are right now.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline dfwgator

None of them are clean...all bear a piece of the blame for where we are right now.

The voters have a lot to do with it, too.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The voters have a lot to do with it, too.

Yeah but a lot of people vote the "lesser of two evils" because they feel there are no other choices.

Offline dfwgator

And Dumbya lacked the "brains".

Online Hoodat

I will disagree on that. And it's a mighty low bar. If that's the best we can do, we are done for. Though we are probably done for anyhoo at this point, thanks largely to Boosh and Tumpy.

Yes, it is a low bar.  And yes, we are done for.  I just get sick of hearing the 2016 Republicans mouthing off the same dishonist Democrat rhetoric we heard while Bush was in office.  Bush definitely made his share of mistakes (as did Trump).  So people should call them out on that instead of parroting lies about the Iraq War costing several trillion dollars and such.

The hallmark of his Presidency would have been Social Security privatization.  But he couldn't even get his own party fully on board.  And he repeated the mistake of his father by trusting Democrats.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Yes, it is a low bar.  And yes, we are done for.  I just get sick of hearing the 2016 Republicans mouthing off the same dishonist Democrat rhetoric we heard while Bush was in office.  Bush definitely made his share of mistakes (as did Trump).  So people should call them out on that instead of parroting lies about the Iraq War costing several trillion dollars and such.

The hallmark of his Presidency would have been Social Security privatization.  But he couldn't even get his own party fully on board.   

@Hoodat

The Bush Crime Family ARE Dims. They have ALWAYS been Dims. They left the northeast and moved to Texas because all the Dim political positions of importance were already filled there,and moved to Texas,where they suddenly became Republicans and were telling people they are conservatives.

It was the price they had to pay to kick off a family political dynasty.

Unfortunately for them,all of Babs lil chill-runs were born as borderline idiots,and there is some question as to which side of the border some of them are on.

Offline Victoria33

It was an accident and she was a teenager  What's comical is watching people here attack GWB with the same talking points the left used during his tenure
@LMAO
@mystery-ak
@Absalom

I was working in Texas politics during his time as governor and President.  I knew him, was with him numerous times.  After both his campaigns, he sent us an invitation to his inauguration. 

I knew his Mother,  one of our county Republican Party judges, Betty, looked identical to her and George would hug her when she was with us.  He was President when the National Republican Party gave me a Certificate of Appreciation for my work, and George and Cheney signed it.

I said the above to show I knew him and family away from politics, he just being himself.  I would vote for him today. 
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 03:50:45 pm by Victoria33 »

Online roamer_1

That's right. I didn't mind the war. In fact the war is the only reason I voted for his second term. I regret that vote entirely.

The hallmark of his Presidency would have been Social Security privatization.  But he couldn't even get his own party fully on board.  And he repeated the mistake of his father by trusting Democrats.

YEP. That was foregone. There was no way  that money spigot was going to stop flowing into government coffers.

Like I have pointed out before, Republican PTB are in favor of liberalism. That is what we get when the books are reckoned. And it was Booshes own wing that stopped that privatization - Which I am sure he knew was coming - So the whole thing was nothing more than a feigned play so they could say . "Sorry, we tried  :shrug:".

SOSDD.