Author Topic: Bush: Republicans Need to Be ‘More Respectful About the Immigrant’  (Read 525 times)

rangerrebew

Bush: Republicans Need to Be ‘More Respectful About the Immigrant’

Pam Key18 Apr 202123,227
2:39

Former President George W. Bush said Sunday during an interview with “CBS Evening News” anchor Norah O’Donnell that lawmakers need to be more respectful to immigrants.

In the interview that aired on “CBS Sunday Morning,” O’Donnell asked, “Do you want to be involved in the immigration discussion?”

Bush said, “Yeah, I do, in a way, in a way. I don’t want to be prescriptive. I don’t want to, you know, tell Congress how to do this or that. I do want to say to Congress, ‘Please put aside all the harsh rhetoric about immigration. Please put aside trying to score political points on either side.’ I hope I can help set a tone that is more respectful about the immigrant, which may lead to reform of the system.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/04/18/bush-republicans-need-to-be-more-respectful-about-the-immigrant/

Offline dfwgator

Screw this guy.

Offline PeteS in CA

I respect LEGAL immigrants. I want illegal immigrants deported.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline thackney

I respect LEGAL immigrants. I want illegal immigrants deported.

Illegal aliens are not immigrants.  Immigration is a process they decided to skip.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online DB

Respect starts with honoring our borders and laws.

Is it any wonder why our borders were never secured regardless who was voted for?

The GOP is just as complicit as the rats.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

... so says the New World Order World Trade Organization NAFTA Internationalist former-President who was weak on US Immigration Law Enforcement.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Idiot

Why oh why did I vote for this guy?

Offline skeeter

Most other RINOs have already ran for cover, after raising their heads post election only to have it shot off. Now here comes pore ol Jorge. Guess he wasn’t paying attention.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 08:03:18 pm by skeeter »

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Looks like Bush wants to follow in the footsteps of his good buddy Carter.
He will sit in retirement until he is 90, sniping at Republicans every few months.
Just like McCain and Romney, Bush feels free to vilify Republicans for anything and everything, but you will never hear him ever say anything negative about any Democrat.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online DB

Why oh why did I vote for this guy?

Perhaps there's a lesson there for all of us voting for the lesser evil.

At some point it has to be recognized that the lesser evil is still the path to destruction.

Online libertybele

Perhaps there's a lesson there for all of us voting for the lesser evil.

At some point it has to be recognized that the lesser evil is still the path to destruction.

Agreed.  As for my response to Bush, (and I'm being polite) he can go to hell!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.