Author Topic: College of the Ozarks sues Biden for order banning discrimination based on gender identity  (Read 342 times)

Online mountaineer

College of the Ozarks sues Biden for order banning discrimination based on gender identity
Claudette Riley
Springfield News-Leader
April 15, 2021
College of the Ozarks is suing President Joe Biden, claiming his executive order against discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity violates the rights of the faith-based college.

The conservative Christian college, located near Branson, filed the lawsuit Thursday in the Western District of Missouri, asking a judge to set aside the order under the Administrative Procedure Act.

Biden’s executive order, signed Jan. 20, states that "all persons should receive equal treatment under the law, no matter their gender identity or sexual orientation." Any entity that violates the order faces financial penalties.

The suit states the federal agency's directive "requires private religious colleges to place biological males into female dormitories and to assign them as females’ roommates."

The college said it has long assigned dormitories and separated "intimate spaces" such as showers and bathrooms based on "biological sex."

According to the suit, the change bans the college from continuing that practice, setting policy in accordance with that practice or even "telling students that they only qualify for access to dormitory and dormitory room placements based on their biological sex." ...
Full story
C of O is a great school, where students "pay" for their tuition by working in the college's various enterprises (grain mill, other agricultural pursuits). My parents supported it financially, and my mother bought many of their products over the years - smoked sausage, fruitcakes, etc. Slow Joe doesn't seem to like Christians a whole lot.

Franklin Graham commented on Facebook:
Franklin Graham

This Christian college is standing their ground. College of the Ozarks just filed a lawsuit challenging the Biden administration over an executive order requiring religious schools to open their dorm rooms and community bathrooms to members of the opposite sex. This is government overreach. College President Dr. Jerry C. Davis said, “Religious freedom is under attack in America, and we won’t stand on the sidelines and watch. To threaten religious freedom is to threaten America itself. College of the Ozarks will not allow politicians to erode this essential American right or the ideals that shaped America’s founding.” I appreciate his boldness—we need to support them with our prayers.  I’ve spoken at this school and think it’s one of the greatest colleges in the country today.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org