Author Topic: Geraldo pushes co-hosts to limit, says Fox News doesn’t deserve ratings if network doesn’t blame cop  (Read 488 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Geraldo pushes co-hosts to limit, says Fox News doesn’t deserve ratings if network doesn’t blame cops
April 17, 2021 | Vivek Saxena

Geraldo Rivera tried on Friday to shame his co-hosts on Fox News’ “The Five” for not being cognizant enough of the “anguish” surrounding the deaths of criminal suspects at the hands of police, but his fellow co-hosts weren’t having his “namby pamby stuff.”

A segment on the shooting of Adam Toledo, a 13-year-old suspect who’d run from police after allegedly firing some sort of gun at a passing vehicle, began with co-host Jesse Watters urging the public to consider “both sides.”

“There’s been 97 deaths in the line of duty already this year for police officers — two officers stabbed to death, 13 officers killed by a vehicle, 15 killed by gunfire, four killed by assault,” he said.

Fellow co-host Sean Duffy agreed, adding that the deaths of suspects like Toledo and Daunte Wright could have all been avoided had the suspects not resisted arrest and placed the cops in a situation where they had feared for their lives.

But Rivera didn’t seem to entirely appreciate this willingness to acknowledge the experience of the cops who’re tasked with risking their lives daily to protect the public.

Listen to how he responded below:

First up to respond to Rivera’s emotional plea was Fox News host Jeanine Pirro, who, prior to becoming a TV personality, spent the bulk of her adult life prosecuting criminals on behalf of their victims.

“Geraldo, the problem is that … these police officers make a split-second decision, kill or be killed. He saw a gun. In less than a second, he made a shot. Now afterwards, we found out that Adam Toledo had gunshot residue on his hand. That tells me that he was shooting,” she said.

“So stop with the namby-pamby stuff. What we’ve got to understand is that there’s a war on the streets, and if you cared about the cops who go out every day and risk their lives, you’ve got to give them the right to defend themselves when they’re confronted with a gun,” she added.

She added that critics like Rivera are focused on the wrong things. While Toledo’s death was tragic, he was a “criminal” — not a victim. The true victims, she suggested, are the people suspects like Toledo victimize.

“He is a criminal. This is a war. This is not the time to feel sorry for anybody. Stay off the streets and stay out of the gangs and put the guns down, and you won’t have this problem,” she said.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2021/04/17/the-five-hosts-jump-after-geraldo-says-fox-news-doesnt-deserve-ratings-if-network-doesnt-blame-cops-1061163/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

I would pay money to see Geraldo and Dan Bongino get in the ring and fight it out.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Geraldo Rivera's head is about as empty as his famous vault scene...

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I watched that unmanly display and I thought he was going to bawl like a little girl. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I watched that unmanly display and I thought he was going to bawl like a little girl.

I did, too!

Although he was correct, Dan was "...a little bit...a little bit..." (as Robert DeNiro said in Goodfellas) rough in his condescension of Geraldo's opinion(s).
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline dfwgator

Fox doesn't deserve the ratings, period.