Author Topic: Why you should be bracing yourself for higher grocery bills the rest of the year  (Read 1765 times)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
catfish observed:
"I've read that EV batteries in a vehicular fire can reach 5000 degrees F.  There will be countless deaths in EV's for this reason that likely were survivable wreck with an internal combustion engine.  If their was any integrity in the NTSB, this fact would be more widespread"

Indeed.
Just look at pics of the "remains" of that Tesla that crashed a few days ago -- next to nothing left of it.

I'm thinking that in the future, severe crashes involving electric cars -- particularly where BOTH vehicles are electric-powered -- are going to be less "survivable" than similar crashes between gasoline-powered vehicles.

Ever go to YouTube, then type in "lithium battery explosion" in the search box?

But no matter... "it's for the good of the planet" !

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Blame the pandemic if you like, but higher energy and transportation costs cannot be ignored.
You nailed it. Period.

Fuel (87 octane gasoline, up to 10% ETOH), here from 1.79/Gallon to 2.69/gallon.

Increase fuel costs by 50+%, transport costs will go up, too, and it all gets billed through to the customer.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis