Author Topic: Consumer prices rise more than expected, pushed by 9.1% jump in gasoline  (Read 233 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Consumer prices rise more than expected, pushed by 9.1% jump in gasoline
Published Tue, Apr 13 20218:30 AM EDTUpdated Tue, Apr 13 202110:03 AM EDT
Jeff Cox
@Jeff.cox.7528
@JeffCoxCNBCcom

The consumer price index rose 0.6% in March from the previous month and 2.6% from a year ago, according to the Department of Labor.

That compares to Dow Jones estimates of 0.5% and 2.5% respectively.

A surge in gasoline prices accounted for about half the gain amid signs of an accelerating economic recovery.

Consumer prices shot higher in March, given a boost by a strong economic recovery and year-over-year comparisons to a time when the Covid-19 pandemic was about to throttle the U.S. economy, the Labor Department reported Tuesday.

The consumer price index rose 0.6% from the previous month but 2.6% from the same period a year ago. The year-over-year gain is the highest since August 2018 and was well above the 1.7% recorded in February.

The index was projected to rise 0.5% on a monthly basis and 2.5% from March 2020, according to Dow Jones estimates.

more
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/13/us-consumer-price-index-march-2021.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Unexpected!

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline dfwgator

Another Biden Miracle!

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Another Biden Miracle!

This Biden kid really makes things happen out there!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LMAO

There’s no question that the rising gas prices specifically  can be blamed on Biden’s energy policies

But all the stimulus for Covid did get their start under Trump’s tenure. In fact, Trump ripped Biden for not making the checks bigger.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy