Author Topic: NCAA Could Pull Tournaments if Oklahoma Passes Transgender Bill  (Read 813 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
NCAA Could Pull Tournaments if Oklahoma Passes Transgender Bill

Penny Starr 13 Apr 2021

The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) is threatening to pull events from states trying to protect female athletes from transgender competition, including Oklahoma.

Lawmakers in Oklahoma are debating the Save Women’s Sports Act. On Monday, the NCAA threatened states who are considering similar measures with losing lucrative tournament contracts. That means Oklahoma’s contract to host the Women’s College World Series until 2035 could be in jeopardy.

“When determining where championships are held, NCAA policy directs that only locations where hosts can commit to providing an environment that is safe, healthy, and free of discrimination should be selected,” a statement issued on Monday said. “We will continue to closely monitor these situations to determine whether NCAA championships can be conducted in ways that are welcoming and respectful of all participants.”

As Breitbart News reported, the NCAA Board of Governors made the announcement as legislatures in more than two dozen states propose, debate, and advance legislation aimed at requiring state schools to ensure that athletes compete in the category of their assigned birth gender.

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2021/04/13/ncaa-could-pull-tournaments-oklahoma-passes-transgender-bill/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

Re: NCAA Could Pull Tournaments if Oklahoma Passes Transgender Bill
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2021, 03:32:19 pm »
F the NCAA, cancel everything for all I care.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2021, 03:42:33 pm »
Note to NCAA:

There is no such thing on this planet as a transgendered person!  There are however many emotionally disturbed people who think they can alter what their gender is by mutilating their bodies. Those people need help!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Idiot

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2021, 03:43:10 pm »
Note to NCAA:

There is no such thing on this planet as a transgendered person!  There are however many emotionally disturbed people who think they can alter what their gender is by mutilating their bodies. Those people need help!
:amen:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2021, 03:48:10 pm »

Yet the NCAA continues to keep its headquarters in a city named with a derogatory term for Native Americans.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online berdie

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2021, 07:47:24 pm »

I totally agree. These corps, Hollywood personalities and sports franchises poking their noses in these issues are beginning to annoy me.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2021, 10:51:00 pm »
I'd hate to see Oklahoma sue them under antitrust law and win. Again.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_v._Board_of_Regents_of_the_University_of_Oklahoma
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2021, 07:19:08 pm »
Isn't this why Gov. Noem wanted the legislature to come up with a better bill?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2021, 10:34:53 pm »
No interest in college sports.
None.

It would be better if colleges terminated sports, and concentrated on education.
REAL education -- not psuedo-communist indoctrination.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2021, 09:46:55 pm »
If you look behind the curtain, you find out that the chief operating officer is also the chief legal counsel.  Unusual to have someone with only legal expertise be running a large organization.  Means it prioritizes lawsuits and legal issues instead of simply sports, which is their mission.

Donald M. Remy
Chief Operating Officer / Chief Legal Officer

As chief operating officer, Remy is second-in-command behind the president, assuring smooth national office and governance functions and serving as primary liaison to the Association’s highest governing body, the Board of Governors.  He maintains and establishes policies that promote Association and national office culture and vision and ensures coordination of consistent and impactful communication strategies and messaging on behalf of the NCAA and its partners.  Further, he designs and implements engagement strategies, plans and procedures for corporate partners and champions, as well as those involved in adjudicative systems, in a dynamic environment. Within the national office, Remy works with the president to set comprehensive goals for individual and unit performance and growth, evaluating performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics.   

As chief legal officer, Remy oversees and guides effective legal, government relations and policy strategy.  He guides key litigation and contract negotiations while building and maintaining productive relationships with local and national policymakers. He is involved in crafting and advocating appropriate data-driven policy positions on various issues including academics, amateurism, athletics competition and health and safety while ensuring his reporting departments are servicing and supporting student-athletes, the NCAA and member institutions.   

https://www.ncaa.org/about/who-we-are/office-president/ncaa-leadership-team
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2021, 10:27:24 pm »
Of what use is the NCAA in protecting and promoting WOMEN'S sports? When they are OK with and actually assist males pretending to be female and allowing them to steal woman athletes place in record books and also steal scholarships from women in the name of some phony baloney social justice bullshit than they are simply corrupt.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2021, 10:41:57 pm »
e'f the NCAA.  They need to go. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2021, 10:44:25 pm »
Of what use is the NCAA in protecting and promoting WOMEN'S sports? When they are OK with and actually assist males pretending to be female and allowing them to steal woman athletes place in record books and also steal scholarships from women in the name of some phony baloney social justice bullshit than they are simply corrupt.
They've really turned Title IX on its head. When will female athletes (and the usual media-hungry lawyers like Gloria Allred) set aside the "we support trannies" woke nonsense and fight for their rights?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org