Author Topic: Derek Hunter: Who Knew It Was So Profitable to Be Marxist?  (Read 792 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Who Knew It Was So Profitable to Be Marxist?
Derek Hunter

Posted: Apr 13, 2021 12:01 AM

Back in college I knew a guy, a friend of a friend, who drove a city bus in Detroit. When my car was broken down, which happens a lot when you buy a junk car for $400 off someone your parents know, I’d have to take the bus downtown to class and every once in a while I’d find myself on a bus he was driving. I’d sit in front and talk with him because I knew him. Because I knew him, I knew he was crazy – a crazy Marxist.

But he was a real Marxist. I remember one drunken discussion with him at our mutual friend’s flat where I asked him why, if communism was so wonderful, the Soviet Union had collapsed. His answer was a version of the answer I’ve heard countless times since: that the Soviet Union wasn’t “true communism,” that they should have embraced Trotsky and not Stalin. If they had done that, it truly would have been the workers’ paradise communism promised.

There’s always some kind of “that wasn’t true communism” excuse from these people, coupled with an “if this person had done this it would’ve been different” spin. It’s masterful as propaganda and manipulation because, while it can’t be proven, it can’t be disproven either. And when you’re desperate to hold on to a failing belief you will grasp onto anything.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/derekhunter/2021/04/13/who-knew-it-was-so-profitable-to-be-marxist-n2587788
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34