Author Topic: Permits won’t be needed to carry handguns in Tennessee  (Read 424 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Permits won’t be needed to carry handguns in Tennessee
By KIMBERLEE KRUESI

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Tennessee has become the latest state to soon allow most adults 21 and older to carry handguns without first clearing a background check and training after Gov. Bill Lee on Thursday signed the measure into law.

“I signed constitutional carry today because it shouldn’t be hard for law-abiding Tennesseans to exercise their (Second Amendment) rights,” said Lee, a Republican approaching his reelection campaign for 2022, in a tweet.

Lee initially proposed the National Rifle Association-backed legislation last year before the COVID-19 pandemic caused lawmakers to narrow their focus. He renewed that effort when lawmakers returned for this year’s legislative session, where the GOP-controlled General Assembly easily advanced the measure to his desk.

The measure applies to handguns that are concealed and ones that are openly carried, but it does not apply to long guns. The law will take effect July 1.

more
https://apnews.com/article/covid-19-pandemic-legislation-coronavirus-pandemic-tennessee-gun-politics-133f593ffb8ca29005870aa049f35655
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline verga

Re: Permits won’t be needed to carry handguns in Tennessee
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2021, 03:31:39 pm »
I applaud his idea, but I still think everyone should have some sort of training, but the "Shall not be infringed: precludes it being mandatory.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline thackney

Re: Permits won’t be needed to carry handguns in Tennessee
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2021, 05:30:38 pm »
I applaud his idea, but I still think everyone should have some sort of training, but the "Shall not be infringed: precludes it being mandatory.

We could have firearm safety training in public schools, maybe even have competitive teams....
Life is fragile, handle with prayer