Author Topic: Inside Biden White House's ties to dark money group seeking to pack Supreme Court  (Read 821 times)

Online mountaineer

Inside Biden White House's ties to dark money group seeking to pack Supreme Court
Demand Justice is part of a giant left-wing dark money network, the Sixteen Thirty Fund
By Evie Fordham | Fox News
April 8, 2021
President Biden's White House has close ties to a left-wing dark money group that seeks to expand the Supreme Court. 

Both White House press secretary Jen Psaki and Paige Herwig, Biden's point person on judicial nominations, previously worked for Demand Justice, which is part of a massive dark money network, the Sixteen Thirty Fund.

Demand Justice is open about seeking to overhaul the federal court system to advance progressive goals.

"They want to add seats to the Supreme Court, they want to add term limits for justices, they want to overhaul it and swing not just the Supreme Court but all levels of the judiciary more progressive," Caitlin Sutherland, executive director of conservative-leaning Americans for Public Trust, told Fox News in an interview.

Psaki worked as a "communications consultant" for Demand Justice, according to her executive branch personnel financial disclosure report. She was also on the advisory board of Supreme Court Voter, which is a project of Demand Justice, although she didn't disclose that specifically in her disclosure report. ...

Because the Sixteen Thirty Fund is a so-called dark money group, the donors who fund it and Demand Justice are unknown. It's one of the largest dark money groups too, Sutherland said. ...
Full story at FOX
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

The Sixteen Thirty Fund is part of Arabella Advisors' vast dark money network.
Published April 17, 2019
‘Shadowy’ dark money network behind left-wing causes exposed in new report
By Adam Shaw | Fox News

An expansive network of “shadowy” dark money donors has grown to rival the influence of the conservative Koch network -- pumping millions into left-wing causes ranging from health care to climate change to abortion -- all while flying well under the radar of public scrutiny, according to an explosive new report obtained by Fox News.

The report, by conservative watchdog Capital Research Center, describes a band of nonprofits operating under the banner of Washington-based philanthropy company Arabella Advisors. Those “pop up groups” are housed in four Arabella-controlled “sister” nonprofits, according to the report: the New Venture Fund, Sixteen Thirty Fund, Hopewell Fund and Windward Fund.  ...

But the report alleges the group blurs the line between philanthropy and political advocacy on issues such as ObamaCare, gun control, abortion and opposition to the confirmation of now-Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh. And it says that due to the financial arrangements and lack of donor disclosure, “it is impossible to know which organization subsidizes the various campaigns and political movements spawned by Arabella’s funds.”  ...

See also this

Twitter thread by Carrie Severino.

Offline LegalAmerican

Why bother?  ALREADY PACKED AND CORRUPT.   WE SAW THAT AFTER NOV. 3 RD. 2020.   WE ARE A COMMUNIST COUNTRY NOW.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Sounds like a communist-backed "front" to me.

America was thick with such groups in the 1930's and 40's, up into the 50's.

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the "dark money" funding them is getting funneled in from the CCP...

Offline libertybele

As much as I have tried, I have searched for some positive news going on around the country that will impact our country in a positive way and there just isn't any too be found.  8888crybaby
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Sounds like a communist-backed "front" to me.

America was thick with such groups in the 1930's and 40's, up into the 50's.

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the "dark money" funding them is getting funneled in from the CCP...

@Fishrrman .

I would. The only thing people funding the destruction of America have in common with dedicated communists is their shared love of a One World Government police state,with them in charge. They are the Fascist left,not the Communist,a left. Friends of convenience that will start stabbing each other in the back as their plans progress.

They have the same goals,but each wants to be the "Master of the Universe",and there can only be ONE "master".

FWIW,I agree that they were all originally communists,and many,like George Soros were funded by the Communists to get their start.

But we all know what happens when greed and the lust for power starts showing it's head.

And the reality is that from OUR POV,they are the same critter. It's like two sports teams facing off against each other in the final game of the season.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mountaineer

As much as I have tried, I have searched for some positive news going on around the country that will impact our country in a positive way and there just isn't any too be found.
I know. Between this sort of news, Biden's gun grabbing, soaring crimes rates, it's like I said to Mr. M this evening: "It's hard to have any hope for America."

Offline libertybele

I know. Between this sort of news, Biden's gun grabbing, soaring crimes rates, it's like I said to Mr. M this evening: "It's hard to have any hope for America."

That's why I continue to pray for a miracle.  Short of a miracle, it's going to soon be everyone out for themselves. I worry for my kids, grandkids and great grandkids. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mountaineer

Olivia Beavers
@Olivia_Beavers
Just had this sent to me: Spotted outside the Supreme Court.
Comes after our Playbook team previewed this am how activists are pushing “Breyer, Retire” and that this truck would be out and about.

7:56 AM · Apr 9, 2021

Will Chamberlain
@willchamberlain·
The guys running Demand Justice are such assholes, I love it, Breyer is going to stay on the court just to spite them
9:07 AM · Apr 9, 2021·

Online mountaineer

Zach Parkinson
@AZachParkinson
A total coincidence that on the same day Biden launches a court-packing commission, a Biden-affiliated dark money group starts a campaign to force Breyer to retire

11:18 AM · Apr 9, 2021·