Author Topic: Biden declares, ‘No amendment to Constitution is absolute’ as he rolls out gun measures  (Read 411 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden declares, ‘No amendment to Constitution is absolute’ as he rolls out gun measures

By Steven Nelson

April 8, 2021 | 11:57am | Updated

WASHINGTON — President Biden on Thursday announced a slew of new gun control measures after a recent pair of high-profile mass shootings, and insisted the Second Amendment doesn’t grant an absolute right to own guns.

Biden presented the executive actions in the Rose Garden, joined by Attorney General Merrick Garland and Vice President Kamala Harris.

“No amendment to the Constitution is absolute,” Biden maintained, pointing to the famous Supreme Court ruling that you can’t yell fire in a crowded theater as part of the First Amendment’s free speech clause.

“From the very beginning you couldn’t own any weapon you wanted to own, and from the very beginning of [when] the Second Amendment existed certain people weren’t allowed to have weapons. So the idea is just bizarre to suggest that some of the things we’re recommending are contrary to the Constitution,” he said.  “Gun violence in this country is an epidemic and it’s an international embarrassment.”

Harris, a former prosecutor, said, “I’ve looked at autopsy photographs. I’ve seen with my own two eyes what a bullet can do to the human body.”

“Real people on both sides of the aisle want action,” Harris said. “So all that is left is the will and the courage to act. And President Joe Biden has the will and the courage to act.”

more
https://nypost.com/2021/04/08/biden-announces-new-executive-orders-on-gun-control/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Does that include the Fifth or 25th?  :pondering:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
Does that include the Fifth or 25th?  :pondering:

I'm hoping it includes the 16th and the 17th.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!