Author Topic: China demands Biden cave to Iran after US urges Beijing to be 'partner' in nuclear talks  (Read 1018 times)

Offline corbe

China demands Biden cave to Iran after US urges Beijing to be 'partner' in nuclear talks

by Joel Gehrke, Foreign Affairs Reporter
April 07, 2021 05:55 PM

A senior Chinese diplomat endorsed Iran’s negotiating position during a high-stakes meeting about the rehabilitation of the 2015 Iran nuclear deal, even as President Joe Biden hopes Beijing will be a “partner” in these negotiations.

“This is a question involving the fundamental principle of rights and wrongs. As a victim, Iran's legitimate requirement should, in the first place, be affirmed and catered for,” Chinese Ambassador Wang Qun, the top Chinese diplomat to the United Nations in Vienna, told state media. “In order to break the current impasse, it is imperative that the U.S. return to the JCPOA at an early date by lifting all unlawful and unilateral sanctions.”

Those comments align Chinese General Secretary Xi Jinping’s regime with Tehran’s hard-line posture, as Iranian officials pressure Biden to dismantle former President Donald Trump’s “maximum pressure” unilaterally. Biden’s team has denounced Trump’s policy but avoided lifting the sanctions, citing the need to ensure that Iran likewise returns to compliance with the deal while laying the groundwork for additional measures to restrain Iranian aggression — an initiative that U.S. officials hope will find support even among American rivals.

“I think principally and strategically, this is an area where we do have aligned interests with Moscow and aligned interests with Beijing,” State Department spokesman Ned Price told reporters Tuesday. “They have sought to uphold the JCPOA, and we do see them as partners in this fairly narrow effort.”

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/defense-national-security/china-demands-biden-cave-iran-after-us-urges-beijing-be-partner-nuclear-talks
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I know I know can I have them now?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline mikezpen

Did these fools actually think China, in the interest of world goodness and wonderfulness, would side with them against Iran?

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
The leadership of China is even more arrogant and ignorant then I thought if they think siding with Iran will save them from the followers of mutthamed, especially considering their treatment of moslems within their borders.

BassWrangler

Offline corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

In all seriousness, Sloe Joe making deals with China on behalf of the U.S. is not good.  Shouldn't the sec'y of state be involved? Generals?  Someone other than Sloe??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

BassWrangler

Is Kamel a dong expert or a dung expert?

She has multiple talents.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
The bele tolls:
"In all seriousness, Sloe Joe making deals with China on behalf of the U.S. is not good."

You know that ol' joe isn't involved in any negotiations, nor is he making any deals. All he gets to do is sign what they put in front of him, and read a few remarks from a teleprompter as best as he can mangle (manage).

Of much more concern is:
Who IS making those deals...?

Online mountaineer

Place your bets now. How much will Gropin' Joe pay Iran?
Greenfield: Iran Wants Over $3 Billion to Negotiate With Biden
Daniel Greenfield
 10 hours ago

After North Korea’s latest missile test and a threat from Kim Jong-Un’s sister that if the Biden administration “wants to sleep in peace for [the] coming four years, it had better refrain from causing a stink”, the administration had a firm and unyielding response to the threats.

Officials told the media that the Biden administration sees North Korean missile tests as “normal military activity” and that they “don’t want a situation where it is perceived that our door is not open to talk.”

North Korea knows that Biden’s barn door is wide open. The snarling threat by Lil Kim’s sister was the first North Korean response to a month of diplomatic overtures from Biden.

That came after Biden’s people had waged a desperate campaign of “diplomatic outreach” to everyone from North Korea’s UN mission to Kim Jong Un’s hairdresser.

Yet another senior Biden administration official claimed that they had been reaching out “through several channels”, but “have not received any response from Pyongyang.”

The response finally came in the form of a missile launch and a vicious threat. ...

Obama had illegally airmailed pallets of foreign currency on unmarked cargo planes. The Biden administration told South Korea that it could send a billion to Iran in exchange for releasing a tanker that it was holding hostage. But that’s still not good enough for Iran. It wants more.

After that initial $1 billion, the Islamic regime announced that the Biden administration had approved the release of $3 billion from South Korea, Oman, and Iraq.

Still not good enough.

Iran wants the full $7 billion from South Korea, some estimates place it at $8.5 billion, and there’s another $6 billion sitting in Iraq. It’s unclear how much of the money has been released yet, with Biden’s people vocally claiming that all of these reports are wholly and entirely false.  ...
Full story at Politichicks
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Place your bets now. How much will Gropin' Joe pay Iran?Full story at Politichicks
The proper way to open negotiations with Iran would be to drop a whole bunch of bunker buster right on top of their illegal nuclear  operations and then send a message of can you hear me now? let me know if I need to repeat myself until you are ready to talk. But considering it's Joe, er, Obama in charge here right now it probably be more like, 3 billion com'n man your lowballing yourself let me send 10 billion.

And the second they send their little gunboats towards any of our ship we should send them expeditiously on their way to their alah.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 08:09:35 pm by GtHawk »

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Did these fools actually think China, in the interest of world goodness and wonderfulness, would side with them against Iran?

Why would they think that since they side with China AND Iran against the United States?

They're all on the same side here.    This is just "optics".  The Bidet Harris Obama administration is eager and most willing to give Iran and China every thing they want, and Russia too, so long as China is okay with it.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline mikezpen

like I said...