Author Topic: Boehner slams Trump: He 'incited that bloody insurrection for nothing more than selfish reasons'  (Read 475 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Boehner slams Trump: He 'incited that bloody insurrection for nothing more than selfish reasons'
By Dominick Mastrangelo - 04/07/21 08:39 AM EDT

Former Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) is blaming former President Trump for the deadly Jan. 6 rioting at the U.S. Capitol, saying he riled the crowd to commit violent acts for "selfish" political reasons.

“Whatever they end up doing, or not doing, none of it will compare to one of the lowest points of American democracy that we lived through in January 2021," Boehner writes in a new book set to be published this month, excerpts of which were obtained by the New York Times.

The former Speaker also wrote that Trump “incited that bloody insurrection for nothing more than selfish reasons, perpetuated by the bullshit he’d been shoveling since he lost a fair election the previous November.”

Boehner said it was "painful" for him to watch what unfolded at the Capitol on Jan. 6 and the incident "should have been a wake-up call for a return to Republican sanity.”

THIS IS A DEVELOPING STORY

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/546856-boehner-slams-trump-he-incited-that-bloody-insurrection-for-nothing-more-than
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Who yanked this guy's chain...
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 01:33:56 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Guy's the Pee Wee Herman of American Politics.  Disappears in shame for 20 years, and comes back and becomes irrelevant.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
"should have been a wake-up call for a return to Republican sanity.”

Sanity?

Gotcha....   :silly:

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
WHO buys these books allegedly written by has-been hack traitor politicians, anyway?

And if they're bought, who reads them?   I guess the media PAYS people to dig out the juicy bits, if the publisher doesn't just give them a list, but does any real people read them?

Remember how Sleazer of the House, Jim Wright, got caught taking graft from the goonions who simply bought a pile of his book back in the '90's?  (thanks to Rush Limbaugh).
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline skeeter

The TDS set have another ally.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Isn't this the loser who resigned the Speakership after four years so he could drink full time, uninterrupted?

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Is that crybaby trying to sell a new book?

Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline dfwgator

Is that crybaby trying to sell a new book?

Hey Bonehead.  Remember what your new Rat Pals thought of you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfcTqoL9Vo0

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Boehner,STFU!

There were adults speaking until your brain fart appeared.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
He emerged from his martini binge to tell us what he thinks?  Please, go back to your martinis *sshole!!!!!

:yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa:

Offline libertybele

He emerged from his martini binge to tell us what he thinks?  Please, go back to your martinis *sshole!!!!!

:yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa:

Amen!   He is a pathetic drunken loser.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Bourbon says what? I don't think this a-hole has been sober in forty years, who cares what the bottle says.

Offline libertybele

Bourbon says what? I don't think this a-hole has been sober in forty years, who cares what the bottle says.

I can't say that I can ever remember him being sober while he was Speaker; I do remember him several times crying in his beer.  What baffles me is how he got elected in the first place and why he was ever appointed Speaker? 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.