Author Topic: VW will switch to mass-producing electric vehicles with bidirectional charging next year  (Read 314 times)

Offline thackney

VW will switch to mass-producing electric vehicles with bidirectional charging next year
https://electrek.co/2021/04/06/vw-electric-vehicles-bi-directional-charging-next-year/
Apr. 6th 2021

...Some EVs have big battery packs enabling 200+ miles of range, but they travel fewer than 40 miles more days.

As the fleet of electric vehicles grows in some markets, controlling when electric vehicles can charge on the local electric grid has great value for balancing the load and avoiding running expensive and polluting peaker power plants.

If those electric vehicles could also put power that they don’t need back into the grid, that would have even greater value.

The technology is often referred to as “vehicle-to-grid.”

An electric vehicle with bidirectional charging capacity can send power pack into the grid, or a home, or even another electric vehicle....

- - - - - - -

Sorry boss, I cannot come to work today.  My power company decided they needed the electrons more than I did.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer