Author Topic: An Enfield Destroyed: The Impact of British Gun Laws  (Read 489 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
An Enfield Destroyed: The Impact of British Gun Laws
« on: April 06, 2021, 12:49:04 pm »
American Rifleman  by Orson O. Buck - Thursday, April 1, 2021

Shooters of the U.S. beware. Give way an inch to the anti-gun lobby, and you'll end up like the poor folk here in Great Britain. And it's not just handguns I'm talking about.

Regulations which have recently come into force have made all semi-auto rifles larger than .22 Long Rifle illegal. If you’ve got one (and each is individually licensed), you have to hand it in. After much hassle in parliament it’s been agreed you get paid for it—at the time of writing (February) just £150 ($260). It’s legalized robbery!

And now even shotguns have to be individually registered as well, although as yet, there’s no limit on the number you can have.

There’s always been a sneaky bit in United Kingdom firearms legislation, too. It forms Section 5 of the 1968 Act, and it allows the police chief of each area discretion to refuse a license. What happens if you’re getting on in years and a bit frail?

The other day, I witnessed a heartbreaking scene. The owner of a superb firearm, a sniper rifle from World War II, was virtually in tears as he hammered a bullet into the rifling at the breech end and then proceeded to fill the chamber with weld metal.

Why? His three-year license was due for renewal, and the police said he was too feeble to go hunting or paper-punching anymore. So, logically, he couldn’t have any use for it, he had to sell it if he could or surrender it to the authorities—with no compensation—and it would be destroyed. The thought of this was intolerable to the old chap, hence the welding exercise. At least that way he could hang it on the wall and dream of days gone by.

What days, too! As a Scotsman, he'd hoped to be drafted into a Scottish reg­iment, but it was not to be. Men from the draft were dis­tributed among regiments that bore no connection to their home localities. Our man, then, found himself in a light infantry unit.

More: https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2021/4/1/an-enfield-destroyed-the-impact-of-british-gun-laws/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=insider&utm_campaign=0421

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: An Enfield Destroyed: The Impact of British Gun Laws
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2021, 01:18:27 pm »
How is the American Rifleman being quoted,when the NRA is bankrupt,and Life Members like me aren't even getting magazines?

BTW,PLEASE take note of how the left defeated the NRA by using the massive funds available from the international bankers to sue them into bankruptcy.

After all,even cases you win cost you money if a leftist judge awards you zero dollars in damages.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2021, 01:31:37 pm »
How is the American Rifleman being quoted,when the NRA is bankrupt,and Life Members like me aren't even getting magazines?

BTW,PLEASE take note of how the left defeated the NRA by using the massive funds available from the international bankers to sue them into bankruptcy.

After all,even cases you win cost you money if a leftist judge awards you zero dollars in damages.

Do you get their emails? 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2021, 02:10:50 pm »
Do you get their emails?

@Elderberry

Haven't received diddly-squat from them for years.

In fact,I am not sure there WAS such a thing as emails the last time I got an American Rifleman in the mail,so there is no way they would have my email address.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 02:11:49 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2021, 02:11:07 pm »
The Left in this country dreams of having the kind of control over our firearms that the British government has on guns over there.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!