Briefing Room Polls (Guests Welcome!) > The Briefingroom Polls

Seven Deadly Sins

<< < (2/3) > >>

Hoodat:

--- Quote from: 240B on April 05, 2021, 11:08:45 am ---Be Honest!

--- End quote ---

'Fear' is the root of all seven.

jmyrlefuller:
1, I'm pleading the fifth.

2, if there is any deadly sin of which I am more guilty of than any, it's the eighth deadly sin of despair, or acedia as they used to call it.

roamer_1:

--- Quote from: jmyrlefuller on April 09, 2021, 01:42:00 am ---1, I'm pleading the fifth.

2, if there is any deadly sin of which I am more guilty of than any, it's the eighth deadly sin of despair, or acedia as they used to call it.

--- End quote ---

That has never been my thing. I have been beat up all the way along, and been so low as to be living in the sticks under a 10x10 tarp for months. The trick is to find beauty in everything.

I will recommend something that will jack your mind over. The only book by a shrink  that I put any store in:

Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl

Chew on that and see what happens.  :beer:

thackney:

--- Quote from: roamer_1 on April 09, 2021, 01:50:34 am ---
Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl

Chew on that and see what happens.  :beer:

--- End quote ---

Thank you for sharing

Gefn:
Probably all of them at one point or another in my life, but never pride. I can’t think of one time in my life I have been proud of anything I’ve accomplished.

As for despair, it’s despair that makes us appreciate the good. I know I’m going through a mega depressive state right now, where I’m almost.  ahenodonic  but I know it probably will get better. Past experiences say it usually does, even if it takes a year or two

It would also be interesting to see what of the 7 heavenly virtues we’ve done,

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version