Author Topic: Today's Toons 4/5/21  (Read 3909 times)

Online pookie18

Today's Toons 4/5/21
« on: April 05, 2021, 08:16:20 am »

Click below for related story:

Click below for Tony's toons:

This Thread Brought To You By The Letter T:

(Thank you, Polly Ticks)

In Case You Missed It Dept.:

The CDC demanded caution and continued masking and social distancing Monday despite the plummeting numbers of Covid infections nationwide. So I asked my doctor when she thought that Americans might be allowed to return to normal. She said she didn't know, she's not into politics.

President Biden called Vladimir Putin a killer, causing Putin to wish Biden good health. The cancel culture has flipped the script. I saw the Biden-Putin exchange on TV and it was embarrassing to watch the Leader of the Free World cozying up to a dictator, but Putin was just trying to be polite.

Governor Cuomo and Governor Newsom refused to resign despite sex scandals, Covid deaths and recall petitions. My father taught me if one person calls you a horse's ass, pay it no attention. However if your party, the opposition party and the media call you a horse's ass, get yourself a saddle.

Dr. Fauci was grilled in Senate hearings by Rand Paul Thursday after he threw cold water on the idea of everything getting back to normal soon. Fauci happily testified that Americans might be forced to wear masks well into next year. At this point if a clown invited me into the woods, I'd just go.

NFL future Hall of Fame quarterback Drew Brees retired last week after a twenty-year career with the Chargers and Saints. He's weighing a future career in politics. During his NFL career, Drew has had three concussions, but he'd need at least three more to be as funny as President Biden.

President Biden gave a speech to the CDC scientists in Atlanta Friday praising their ingenuity in fighting the virus. Yet nothing he said that morning was as memorable as his attempt to board Air Force One. In honor of their favorite son, Scranton, Pennsylvania just renamed itself Biden Falls.

President Biden suffered no injuries Friday after he slipped and fell three times while walking up the stairs to board Air Force One. It looked awful. White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki quickly pointed out that President Biden inherited the slippery stairs from the previous administration.

Kamala Harris ripped the increase in violence against Asian Americans in a Friday speech. In the wake of recent hate crimes, there is now a concerted effort to show love to the Asian community. Congressman Eric Swalwell was quick to point out he was always at the forefront of this movement.

The White House infuriated several news organizations Friday by imposing a media blackout on the incoming migrants pouring in from Central America. The human traffic on our southern border is so embarrassing to the administration's image. Mexico just installed stairs to keep Biden out.

President Biden asked for staff resignations over past pot use even though Joe himself was VP under a cokehead, Joe's VP was a pothead, and Joe's son Hunter a crack head. The good news is, Hunter has joined a 12-step program. He's already successfully completed 9 steps more than his Dad.

President Biden performed an embarrassing sight gag while trying to board Air Force One on Friday. He slipped twice then fell on his face while going up the stairs. The good news is, fans of NBC's Saturday Night Live are this close to enjoying the return of Weekend Update with Chevy Chase.

Vladimir Putin openly mocked President Biden's mental health Friday after Biden called him a killer, as Chinese officials met with U.S. envoys in Alaska and used up their TV time by lecturing us on racism in the U.S. It gets worse. Afghanistan just offered to send peacekeepers to Miami Beach.

The Hollywood Reporter announced the Academy Awards will be held with a live audience Sunday night, April 25th. All the nominated stars are expected to attend. It is awards season in Hollywood and Governor Andrew Cuomo has been nominated for another television Emmy, for Eight Is Enough.

President Biden wasted no time politicizing the Boulder shootings, demanding the Senate pass gun control bills already passed by the House. The media identified Monday's shooter as Ahmed Al Awili Alissa, another crazed white supremacist. Sounds like someone you'd meet at an AAAA meeting.

The Boulder supermarket shooter was identified as a Syrian Muslim, forcing the mainstream media to change its narrative from hate crimes to gun control. The crazed gunman was lucky. The Boulder shooter opened fire just a few feet away from the Asian Food aisle and being labeled a racist.

House Democrats went on cable news Tuesday and ripped the First and Second Amendments as no longer representing today's America. In my view, yesterday's America never seemed more attractive to Americans. I miss the days when you could get shot for wearing a mask into a bank.

-- Argus Hamilton

Offline niobe527

Re: Today's Toons 4/5/21
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2021, 11:11:27 am »
good morning pookie

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2021, 12:21:02 pm »
Thanks, Pookie.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline verga

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2021, 01:06:32 pm »
Thank you Pookie
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Jimino

• God created all men equal. Sam Colt made them more equal!
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2021, 02:28:49 pm »
Ciao Pookie, thanks for the toons. I wish all your readers a happy and blessed pasquetta.
Pray, hope and don't worry.
Santo Pio

Online pookie18

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2021, 02:45:16 pm »
good morning pookie

Mornin', niobe!

Online pookie18

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2021, 02:45:43 pm »
Thanks, Pookie.

You're welcome, Polly Ticks!

Online pookie18

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2021, 02:46:07 pm »
Thank you Pookie

My pleasure, Verga!

Online pookie18

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2021, 02:46:47 pm »
Ciao Pookie, thanks for the toons. I wish all your readers a happy and blessed pasquetta.

Mornin' & you're welcome, as always, Jimino!

Offline ricebug

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2021, 06:03:40 pm »
G'day, Pookie!!

Online pookie18

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2021, 06:14:02 pm »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2021, 08:41:34 pm »

Looks suspiciously like a man camp accomodation wrapped in tinfoil. (Oil workers in the Permian Basin are getting the boot from man camps while the Government moves in illegals, paying 5 times the going (very high) rent....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis