Author Topic: NYPD Orders Officers to Allow People to Smoke Weed in Public  (Read 300 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
NYPD Orders Officers to Allow People to Smoke Weed in Public
« on: April 04, 2021, 01:15:51 am »
NYPD Orders Officers to Allow People to Smoke Weed in Public

Nate Church 3 Apr 2021

The NYPD has issued new orders on enforcement of marijuana-related offenses after New York legalized recreational use on Wednesday.

On March 31, New York Governor Andrew Cuomo signed a bill legalizing the growth, sale, and recreational use of marijuana. In a four-page memo circulated among officers of the New York Police Department, they have been instructed to ignore smokers unless money changes hands, and not to search vehicles based on the smell of both “burnt and unburnt” weed.

Sale of weed is now legal “unless they receive compensation,” while “hand-to-hand exchange of lawful amounts … without compensation to a person 21 or over, is not considered a sale.”

Police were advised that anyone over the age of 21 is legally allowed to smoke weed “almost anywhere that cigarette smoking is allowed including on sidewalks, on front stoops and other public places.” Smoking “in any of these locations is not a basis for an approach, stop, summons, arrest or search,” the memo said.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/04/03/nypd-orders-officers-to-allow-people-to-smoke-weed-in-public/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

Re: NYPD Orders Officers to Allow People to Smoke Weed in Public
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2021, 02:08:05 am »
Go ahead, bite the Big Apple, don't mind the maggots.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2021, 02:35:47 pm »
Go ahead, bite the Big Apple, don't mind the maggots.

Regressing into the NY of the 60's and 70's.  A third world looking shithole.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2021, 07:37:20 pm »
Wingnut wrote:
"Regressing into the NY of the 60's and 70's.  A third world looking shithole."

Indeed.
I remember what it looked like back in the Beame/Dinkins era. I worked in the South Bronx back then, the Hunts Point area.

The last day I was in New York City was the last day I worked into/out of there, January 7, 2012.

Haven't been back since.
Have no intention of ever going back.