Author Topic: Iowa governor signs 'constitutional carry' bill that removes permit requirements for handguns  (Read 414 times)

Offline libertybele

Iowa governor signs 'constitutional carry' bill that removes permit requirements for handguns

Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds signed into law Friday a law that loosens regulations on gun ownership by eliminating the need for a permit to buy or carry handguns in the state.

The new law takes effect July 1, with many calling it a "constitutional carry" bill.

"Today I signed legislation protecting the Second Amendment rights of Iowa’s law-abiding citizens while still preventing the sale of firearms to criminals and other dangerous individuals," Reynolds said in a statement Friday afternoon.

The Republican acknowledged that the bill will not stop "bad actors" from acquiring handguns, but that it will protect her citizens’ rights.................

https://www.foxnews.com/us/iowa-governor-constitutional-carry-permit-handguns
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
I don't see how my state claims to be conservative and has not done this. I think the Sheriff lobby is the answer (it is their slush fund they enjoy using). Congrats Iowa.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....