Author Topic: 16 Best Desktop Computers of 2021 for Any Price Point  (Read 765 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
16 Best Desktop Computers of 2021 for Any Price Point
« on: April 02, 2021, 02:49:40 pm »
16 Best Desktop Computers of 2021 for Any Price Point
by Ashley Gerlach on April 1, 2021 in Computer   

Desktop computers might feel like a thing of the past, but there are still plenty of reasons to choose a the best desktop PCs over a laptop. Oftentimes, even base model desktop computers are far more powerful than their mobile counterparts. This makes them better suited for multimedia projects like photo, video and music editing. And if you’re looking for a machine for your work or home office, you might as well get more power and performance at a similar (or lower) price. That’s right, desktop computers are often far more affordable than premium laptops.

If you feel like you need a little more performance from your desktop down the road, especially if you’re a gamer, desktop computers are easier to customize and upgrade than gaming laptops. It is much easier to swap out a desktop’s components and add some extra RAM compared to a laptop.

Plus, the best desktop computers are no longer behemoth towers that take up a massive amount of room. The Mac Mini put that myth to rest some time ago, and there are a lot of all-in-one desktops that don’t have a computer tower at all. You can also find some worthy mini computers from ASUS and Intel, which provide a solid alternative to the Mac Mini.

Simply put, there are a lot of reasons to invest in the best desktop computers of 2021:

more
https://online02.com/16-best-desktop-computers-of-2021-for-any-price-point.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Re: 16 Best Desktop Computers of 2021 for Any Price Point
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2021, 03:02:27 pm »
I am not a laptop person. I do own a couple of Panasonic Toughbooks that I take with me hunting. And I don't buy desktops, except for my very first desktop, a used 386 I purchased in the early 1990s. I've built every desktop, for me and my kids, ever since.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2021, 05:33:24 pm »
I am not a laptop person. I do own a couple of Panasonic Toughbooks that I take with me hunting. And I don't buy desktops, except for my very first desktop, a used 386 I purchased in the early 1990s. I've built every desktop, for me and my kids, ever since.

Same here @Elderberry.  I own an HP Elitebook Laptop that I use for meetings and such. The wife uses her Lenovo laptop as her prime computer but my main PC is a desktop that I put together myself and it suits me just fine.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2021, 05:52:30 pm »
I'm not a laptop person either.  I have an HP desktop. My daughter bought me a tablet for Christmas that I can carry and use out on the patio or bedroom which is nice to look up info, play games on, but for most things I use my desktop. 

My current HP is going on 3 years old and my last HP lasted over 10 years and I'm still using the same HP printer.  I also have a decent sized HP monitor that I've had for as long as I've had my printer.  I'm an HP fan.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2021, 06:01:19 pm »
I'm not a laptop person either.  I have an HP desktop. My daughter bought me a tablet for Christmas that I can carry and use out on the patio or bedroom which is nice to look up info, play games on, but for most things I use my desktop. 

My current HP is going on 3 years old and my last HP lasted over 10 years and I'm still using the same HP printer.  I also have a decent sized HP monitor that I've had for as long as I've had my printer.  I'm an HP fan.

HP is just like every other big-time computer manufacturer out there. They build good stuff and will also sell you junk if you insist.  (I don't think that applies to Apple because you are going to pay through the nose for whatever you buy with that name on it.  Don't know for sure because I've never personally owned one and very likely never will.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2021, 06:35:26 pm »
Like others here, I have always rolled my own - Better bang-for-buck, better longevity...

Until recently. Over the last five years, my upgrade train has brought me inexorably into HP business class machines.
Now I got em all used. but there is a reason why I would rather buy into HP Business and not roll my own. And that is because I can't begin to buy the parts for what I can pick up nearly for free.

This elitebook I am on right now is an i7 with 16g of ram. I got it for under 150 bucks and all i have done to it is an SSD and a DVD-2-HDD conversion.

I just retired my last machine from my last upgrade run. an AMD AthlonII ... Now every machine in my house is HP, most are business class, most are running 16g of ram, All of them are over i5, and most are i7, and ALL of them bought for less than what the CPUs inside them would cost me new.

There just ain't no sense in building my own anymore. Not with so much awesome hardware laying around for next to nothing.

For the record: there are 6 desktops, 2 laptops, a notebook, a droid tablet, and a droid phone currently in my operational stable. That is down by one, as I retired one server/station in the recent shakedown.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2021, 07:07:30 pm »
Like others here, I have always rolled my own - Better bang-for-buck, better longevity...

Until recently. Over the last five years, my upgrade train has brought me inexorably into HP business class machines.
Now I got em all used. but there is a reason why I would rather buy into HP Business and not roll my own. And that is because I can't begin to buy the parts for what I can pick up nearly for free.

This elitebook I am on right now is an i7 with 16g of ram. I got it for under 150 bucks and all i have done to it is an SSD and a DVD-2-HDD conversion.

I just retired my last machine from my last upgrade run. an AMD AthlonII ... Now every machine in my house is HP, most are business class, most are running 16g of ram, All of them are over i5, and most are i7, and ALL of them bought for less than what the CPUs inside them would cost me new.

There just ain't no sense in building my own anymore. Not with so much awesome hardware laying around for next to nothing.

For the record: there are 6 desktops, 2 laptops, a notebook, a droid tablet, and a droid phone currently in my operational stable. That is down by one, as I retired one server/station in the recent shakedown.

I bought my Elitebook used for less than $200.00. Came to me with an !7 processor, 500GB SSD, Windows 10 Pro, and Microsoft Office Pro already installed.  You cannot buy the operating system alone for the price I paid for the entire machine and the dang thing seems to be purt near bulletproof.  (Now that I have bragged on it it will probably self destruct this afternoon :0001:)

@roamer_1

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2021, 07:17:54 pm »
I bought my Elitebook used for less than $200.00. Came to me with an !7 processor, 500GB SSD, Windows 10 Pro, and Microsoft Office Pro already installed.  You cannot buy the operating system alone for the price I paid for the entire machine and the dang thing seems to be purt near bulletproof.  (Now that I have bragged on it it will probably self destruct this afternoon :0001:)

@roamer_1

Absolutely @Bigun ! This one here is large form factor (17"), mostly stainless, and a very serious machine. I spend more time here than I do on my hotrod water-cooled main whip... In fact, I was just rdp'd into my main whip, checking on an ISO download, running it from here in my chair in the living room.

She's a sweetheart, and my favorite ever, to include the big Alienware box she replaced.  :beer:

My spare laptop is a Pavillion, and nowhere near this one. It is a fine box and all, and the one I take with me on the route... But it don't stand in the shade of this.