Author Topic: Delta CEO caves to far-left boycott threat, loudly condemns Georgia fair elections law  (Read 517 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
April 1, 2021
Delta CEO caves to far-left boycott threat, loudly condemns Georgia fair elections law
By Monica Showalter

After leftists intent on making election fraud permanent threatened Georgia's big companies with a boycott if they didn't condemn Georgia's election integrity law, Delta was one of the first to cave.

According to the Washington Post:

Some of Georgia’s biggest companies — including Coca-Cola and Delta Air Lines — and Atlanta sports teams the Falcons and the Hawks came out strongly against the state’s new voting law Wednesday amid growing backlash against the business world for failing to do enough to stop the measure from becoming law.

Delta Air Lines CEO Ed Bastian condemned the legislation as “unacceptable” and contrary to the company’s values.

“Last week, the Georgia legislature passed a sweeping voting reform act that could make it harder for many Georgians, particularly those in our Black and Brown communities, to exercise their right to vote,” Bastian said in a Wednesday memo to employees.

“The entire rationale for this bill was based on a lie: that there was widespread voter fraud in Georgia in the 2020 elections. This is simply not true. Unfortunately, that excuse is being used in states across the nation that are attempting to pass similar legislation to restrict voting rights.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/04/delta_ceo_caves_to_farleft_boycott_threat_loudly_condemns_georgia_fair_elections_law.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Haven't flown Delta in ages and won't ever again!  No more Coke products in this house either.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Haven't flown Delta in ages and won't ever again!  No more Coke products in this house either.
Been years since I flew on Delta regularly.

I just got my proxy on Coke and voted against the idiotic diversity board members.   One is a former Secretary of Labor under Clinton and the other served on Gates' foundation Global Health Initiative.

Will now sell the stock once and for all.  I did not buy it for the company wokeness, but to make money, and it is doing well on the wrong one.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline pollvaulter

How much of the this is a way to discourage conservatives who want to reject vaccine passports from flying?? Something to consider

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
How much of the this is a way to discourage conservatives who want to reject vaccine passports from flying?? Something to consider
I like the way you think.  :pondering:
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024