Author Topic: Baseball 2021 - Play Ball! ⚾  (Read 14106 times)

Offline MikePence

Re: Baseball 2021 - Play Ball! ⚾
« Reply #75 on: September 21, 2021, 09:30:33 am »
Seeing my Phillies shutout by the orioles is embarrassing its, frustrating we lost so much ground that teams like 48-102, our lineup should have, buried them.
I'm a Christian, a conservative and a Republican, in that order.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #76 on: September 21, 2021, 01:03:13 pm »
Seeing my Phillies shutout by the orioles is embarrassing its, frustrating we lost so much ground that teams like 48-102, our lineup should have, buried them.

I appreciate your sacrifice.   :laugh:
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline MikePence

« Reply #77 on: September 21, 2021, 03:32:33 pm »
I appreciate your sacrifice.   :laugh:

LOL, Thank You!

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #78 on: September 21, 2021, 05:26:03 pm »

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline MikePence

« Reply #79 on: September 26, 2021, 08:10:39 pm »

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #80 on: September 26, 2021, 10:48:40 pm »
Five in a row! Bring on the Braves!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IehK7alnHq8 MVP!
[/quote]

Good golly, Miss Molly! THWAAACCKKKK!

Go, Braves!

My Astros have struggled a little the past 3 games, but they're ahead in the mid-7th. If Mariners lose and Astros win ... PARTAY!!!

BTW, they're playing in Oakland. What a miserable experience to watch games at that ballpark. Those idiot fans banging their drums make you want to smack the living snot out of them. 

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #81 on: September 26, 2021, 11:53:20 pm »
My Astros have struggled a little the past 3 games, but they're ahead in the mid-7th. If Mariners lose and Astros win ... PARTAY!!!

So much for those "ifs." Neither happened. My guys are choking.  8888crybaby

Offline MikePence

« Reply #82 on: September 27, 2021, 04:56:19 am »
Five in a row! Bring on the Braves!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IehK7alnHq8 MVP!

Good golly, Miss Molly! THWAAACCKKKK!

Go, Braves!

BTW, they're playing in Oakland. What a miserable experience to watch games at that ballpark. Those idiot fans banging their drums make you want to smack the living snot out of them.

They are just jealous guys won the world series! You guys are a great team! Oakland is a good team, too! But if their fans are bothering, you tell them that Giambi Canseco, Tejada, and Mcgwire juiced their al west Division champion banners, and the world series championship from 89 is not legitimate!

You went back in 2019! 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTnWT3SbMC4

You fell one win short of the 2018 fall classic and went back in 2019!  So it is not the drums. It was a pure talent I pulled so hard for the Astros because nats fans are just the worst!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 05:06:29 am by MikePence »

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #83 on: September 27, 2021, 01:04:23 pm »
Joe West is retiring after this season.

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #84 on: September 27, 2021, 01:14:17 pm »
Who really wants to face the Cardinals in a one-game playoff?

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #85 on: September 27, 2021, 01:39:26 pm »
Who really wants to face the Cardinals in a one-game playoff?

Definitely not if Sam Holbrook is officiating.   (Sorry ... still bitter.   wink777)

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #86 on: September 27, 2021, 08:53:54 pm »

This is indeed good news! I'm going to pop a top on an ice cold Frappuccino to celebrate.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #87 on: September 27, 2021, 09:06:23 pm »
They are just jealous guys won the world series! You guys are a great team! Oakland is a good team, too! But if their fans are bothering, you tell them that Giambi Canseco, Tejada, and Mcgwire juiced their al west Division champion banners, and the world series championship from 89 is not legitimate!

You went back in 2019! 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTnWT3SbMC4

You fell one win short of the 2018 fall classic and went back in 2019!  So it is not the drums. It was a pure talent I pulled so hard for the Astros because nats fans are just the worst!

@MikePence

I enjoyed that look back at 2019. Thanks! That was the most fun baseball year for me.

I didn't start watching baseball until the 2017 World Series and that was only because the Astros were in it. NFL had run me off with their unpatriotic displays, and I had no plans to get involved with another sport. After I watched the 2017 World Series, I thought it was over. But, to my surprise, I started checking on when baseball started up again in early 2018 and thought I might catch a game or two. Somewhere along the way, I got addicted. In 2019 I even had perfect attendance for all the Astros games, albeit on my couch. Even though we didn't win the title, it was such an exciting season. We had both Verlander and Cole that year, so I got spoiled. I even got to see Verlander's 3rd no-hitter, a game I would LOVE to watch again.

Offline MikePence

« Reply #88 on: September 29, 2021, 06:06:21 am »
@MikePence

I enjoyed that look back at 2019. Thanks! That was the most fun baseball year for me.

I didn't start watching baseball until the 2017 World Series and that was only because the Astros were in it. NFL had run me off with their unpatriotic displays, and I had no plans to get involved with another sport. After I watched the 2017 World Series, I thought it was over. But, to my surprise, I started checking on when baseball started up again in early 2018 and thought I might catch a game or two. Somewhere along the way, I got addicted. In 2019 I even had perfect attendance for all the Astros games, albeit on my couch. Even though we didn't win the title, it was such an exciting season. We had both Verlander and Cole that year, so I got spoiled. I even got to see Verlander's 3rd no-hitter, a game I would LOVE to watch again.

I became A Phillies fan in the early 2000s! We sucked, but 2007-11 was enjoyable! Not a problem! Cole and Justin were lights out gunning for that CY young award! It sure looked fun! And because you are not a nationals fan! Here you go, relive that awesome game!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqWHt_PbR0w
« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 06:08:51 am by MikePence »

Offline MikePence

« Reply #89 on: September 29, 2021, 06:17:19 am »
God, please, let my Phillies win the next two  against the braves! I don't want this season is to be over! This team brought back good memories of the 2007 team, and please let Bryce harper win the NL MVP!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWD8cG2KVns

« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 06:25:21 am by MikePence »

Offline MikePence

« Reply #90 on: September 29, 2021, 06:26:11 am »

Wow!

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #91 on: September 29, 2021, 08:12:27 pm »
God, please, let my Phillies win the next two  against the braves! I don't want this season is to be over! This team brought back good memories of the 2007 team, and please let Bryce harper win the NL MVP!

Heavenly Father, please, don't listen to @MikePence !!  Son #5 and I drove from Louisville to Atlanta to watch the next couple of games in person and we really would like to see some Braves wins!!  (You can throw him a bone with the MVVP thing, though, if You think it's best. That seems like a good compromise to me.)
 wink777

Offline MikePence

« Reply #92 on: September 30, 2021, 07:31:53 am »
Heavenly Father, please, don't listen to @MikePence !!  Son #5 and I drove from Louisville to Atlanta to watch the next couple of games in person and we really would like to see some Braves wins!!  (You can throw him a bone with the MVVP thing, though, if You think it's best. That seems like a good compromise to me.)
 wink777

Oh my gosh, thank you! That's high praise when a braves fan says, let Bryce harper be the MVP! I wish the braves lots of luck in the playoffs!

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #93 on: September 30, 2021, 01:47:24 pm »
Oh my gosh, thank you! That's high praise when a braves fan says, let Bryce harper be the MVP! I wish the braves lots of luck in the playoffs!

LOL.  He's definitely tearing it up this year, especially after the All-Star break. I don't see how anybody could argue that's he's not the favorite to win if you look at the straight up numbers.

Besides, I think the Braves might be more salty toward "invisible touch" Bohm this year than toward Harper, especially after he stuck up for Acuña with the idiot "Acoona" fan.  Although I reserve my right to change my mind if he hurts us too badly in tonight's game!  :laugh:

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #94 on: October 01, 2021, 03:22:00 am »
Congratulations to the Houston Astros, 2021 American League West Division Champs! :trophy:

:yowsa: 3333hugs  6666kiss

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #95 on: October 01, 2021, 03:24:31 am »

I became A Phillies fan in the early 2000s! We sucked, but 2007-11 was enjoyable! Not a problem! Cole and Justin were lights out gunning for that CY young award! It sure looked fun! And because you are not a nationals fan! Here you go, relive that awesome game!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqWHt_PbR0w

Thanks, @MikePence! Can't wait to block off some time to watch that vid!  :pop41:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #96 on: October 01, 2021, 04:03:19 am »
So....it comes down to a 1 game playoff elimination between the Dodgers and the Cardinals...who've not lost since last Summer.

Personally, I like the idea of a one, single game elimination for the Wildcard teams.  I'm pulling for the Blue, because of Max Scherzer and Trea Turner.

One of the great mysteries of major league baseball, which nobody has explained to anyone's satisfaction...how in the hell do the San Francisco Giants keep winning pennants?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #97 on: October 01, 2021, 05:42:03 pm »
Congratulations to the Houston Astros, 2021 American League West Division Champs! :trophy:

:yowsa: 3333hugs  6666kiss

:thumbsup:

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #98 on: October 01, 2021, 07:45:00 pm »

What a great game -- so glad I got to be there!!  My son and I got grabbed and hugged by a strange drunk man with meth mouth, and we didn't even care! 
 :beer:   :grouphug:

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #99 on: October 01, 2021, 10:51:35 pm »

What a great game -- so glad I got to be there!!  My son and I got grabbed and hugged by a strange drunk man with meth mouth, and we didn't even care! 
 :beer:   :grouphug:

@Polly Ticks

How great that you got to attend!! I think it's your special cap that's their good luck charm.  wink777

Congratulation to the Braves!!