General Category > Sports/Entertainment/MSM/Social Media

Baseball 2021 - Play Ball! ⚾

<< < (2/60) > >>

DCPatriot:
I'm pissed!

They can cancel/postpone an NFL/NBA or college game due to 'Covid' just a few days prior to the date, but they refuse to move the starting time of freaking OPENING DAY when the forecast is "below freezing temperatures" and 40mph winds.

IMHO, they place the players in a very dangerous situation.

For example, the 'Aces' of BOTH teams are on the mound.  If I was Max Scherzer, I'd tell them to stick it up their collective asses.

And what about an All-Star outfielder who throws his arm out in attempts to keep the guy from taking another base?

And on top of that, it's an "Off-Day" tomorrow.

GrouchoTex:

--- Quote from: DCPatriot on April 01, 2021, 01:06:02 pm ---I'm pissed!

They can cancel/postpone an NFL/NBA or college game due to 'Covid' just a few days prior to the date, but they refuse to move the starting time of freaking OPENING DAY when the forecast is "below freezing temperatures" and 40mph winds.

IMHO, they place the players in a very dangerous situation.

For example, the 'Aces' of BOTH teams are on the mound.  If I was Max Scherzer, I'd tell them to stick it up their collective asses.

And what about an All-Star outfielder who throws his arm out in attempts to keep the guy from taking another base?

And on top of that, it's an "Off-Day" tomorrow.

--- End quote ---

Interesting that opening day and late in the year, around the World Series, that you have these issues, especially the farther north you go.
Is there rain or snow in the forecast?
Maybe they will cancel it.
The old Candlestick Park had major wind issues, regardless of the time of year.

DCPatriot:

--- Quote from: GrouchoTex on April 01, 2021, 01:19:58 pm ---Interesting that opening day and late in the year, around the World Series, that you have these issues, especially the farther north you go.
Is there rain or snow in the forecast?
Maybe they will cancel it.
The old Candlestick Park had major wind issues, regardless of the time of year.

--- End quote ---

@GrouchoTex

Forecast is for high temps in the 40's during the day, high winds as a big cold front just arrived after yesterday's rain all day.  Temps to be in the 30's with winds up to 40 mph at game time.

Totally ridiculous, especially given that tomorrow is an off-day.

And, they're only letting 5K fans inside...so it's not like they have a 45K sell-out!

mystery-ak:
@jmyrlefuller

Great Job!

mystery-ak:
Nationals-Mets Opening Day Game Postponed Due to Covid Issues

According to ESPN:

Nationals general manager Mike Rizzo had said Wednesday that his club would be down five players and a staff member for Opening Day after a player tested positive for COVID-19.

There are concerns about at least one more positive COVID-19 test with the Nationals following the positive Wednesday, sources tell ESPN’s Jeff Passan.

The next game scheduled between the two teams is for Saturday at 4:05 p.m. ET.

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2021/04/01/nationals-mets-opening-day-game-postponed-due-to-covid-issues/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version