Author Topic: Baseball 2021 - Play Ball! ⚾  (Read 14137 times)

Offline MikePence

Re: Baseball 2021 - Play Ball! ⚾
« Reply #100 on: October 03, 2021, 06:59:59 am »
Thanks, @MikePence! Can't wait to block off some time to watch that vid!  :pop41:

You are welcome!
I'm a Christian, a conservative and a Republican, in that order.

Offline MikePence

« Reply #101 on: October 03, 2021, 07:02:33 am »

What a great game -- so glad I got to be there!!  My son and I got grabbed and hugged by a strange drunk man with meth mouth, and we didn't even care! 
 :beer:   :grouphug:

Congrats to the braves! You deserve it! Enjoy it!

Offline MikePence

« Reply #102 on: October 03, 2021, 07:10:17 am »
Congratulations to the Houston Astros, 2021 American League West Division Champs! :trophy:

:yowsa: 3333hugs  6666kiss

Congrats to the Astros, Well deserved! I'm rooting hard for the AL to win the world series since my team is out!

Hopefully, we get Kris Bryant! In the off-season!

Offline MikePence

« Reply #103 on: October 03, 2021, 07:21:14 am »
https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/phillies/bryce-harper-braves-phillies-winning-season-playoffs-nl-east

I'm so happy he didn't go to the Dodgers or Giants! Bryce has the right mentality to play in Philly! And hopefully, he helps us land his best friend, Kris Bryant!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWT6Gzl5EDQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jzf34TFsmk 

MVP!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2021, 07:23:01 am by MikePence »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #104 on: October 13, 2021, 06:12:51 am »
@Polly Ticks

Congratulations to your Atlanta Braves on their reaching the NLCS! 

Freddie Freeman...the Nationals' 'Killer'.     :laugh:
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 06:29:28 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #105 on: October 13, 2021, 01:06:00 pm »
@Polly Ticks

Congratulations to your Atlanta Braves on their reaching the NLCS! 

Freddie Freeman...the Nationals' 'Killer'.     :laugh:

@DCPatriot
Thanks!  What a crazy year.
The next round is going to be tough, no matter who wins tomorrow night.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #106 on: October 13, 2021, 06:48:59 pm »
Astros headed for their 5th ALCS in 5 years.

Online AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #107 on: October 13, 2021, 06:58:32 pm »
Astros headed for their 5th ALCS in 5 years.

@GrouchoTex

Go 'Stros! 
44444heart 44444heart 44444heart 44444heart 44444heart 44444heart 44444heart 44444heart 44444heart

Astros are legit, but some didn't want to acknowledge that.

@Polly Ticks

Congrats to the Braves! Go Braves!

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #108 on: October 13, 2021, 09:15:16 pm »
@GrouchoTex

Go 'Stros! 
44444heart 44444heart 44444heart 44444heart 44444heart 44444heart 44444heart 44444heart 44444heart

Astros are legit, but some didn't want to acknowledge that.

@Polly Ticks

Congrats to the Braves! Go Braves!

YEP @AllThatJazzZ

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #109 on: October 15, 2021, 12:20:09 pm »
Don't get me wrong.  Love that Max Scherzer and Trea Turner, acquired from the NATS to the DODGERS are going back to the ALCS and maybe the World Series.

But for an elimination game, they should have cameras over the plate to verify if that was really a checked swing or not.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #110 on: October 15, 2021, 01:22:47 pm »
Don't get me wrong.  Love that Max Scherzer and Trea Turner, acquired from the NATS to the DODGERS are going back to the ALCS and maybe the World Series.

But for an elimination game, they should have cameras over the plate to verify if that was really a checked swing or not.

Want an even better idea?  MLB should decertify their Union, wipe the slate clean, and base employment on performance, consistency, and accuracy.

Think about it, if a player bats .100 consistently they are released or sent to the minors.  Umps OTOH have created themselves a protected class, and are protected no matter how badly they f__k up.  Hell, they even let their worst officiate in the post season.

Would love to see the likes of Joe West and Angel Hernandez holding a sign and a cup under an overpass.  :cool:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #111 on: October 15, 2021, 01:42:58 pm »

No kidding.  That was definitely not a swing.
Slow-motion replay is here:  https://streamable.com/ylr1mf

Would love to see the likes of Joe West and Angel Hernandez holding a sign and a cup under an overpass.  :cool:

Didn't you hear?  Cowboy Joe is retiring.  Too bad he can't take Angel and a few others we could name with him.

Also ....

https://twitter.com/ElectionWiz/status/1448857347997249564
 :rolling:
« Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 02:22:20 pm by Polly Ticks »
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #112 on: October 15, 2021, 03:01:32 pm »

@DCPatriot

I agree, the technology exist.

@Polly Ticks

Thank God Country Joe is retiring.
I hope he isn't umpiring during the World Series.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #113 on: October 15, 2021, 03:06:52 pm »
No kidding.  That was definitely not a swing.
Slow-motion replay is here:  https://streamable.com/ylr1mf

Didn't you hear?  Cowboy Joe is retiring.  Too bad he can't take Angel and a few others we could name with him.

Starting with the entire umpiring crew from the last SF/LA series.

Online AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #114 on: October 15, 2021, 03:47:15 pm »
Want an even better idea?  MLB should decertify their Union, wipe the slate clean, and base employment on performance, consistency, and accuracy.

@catfish1957

I am 100% behind your idea. It could go a long way toward improving the game for the players and the fans. I believe the outcome would have been the same if the ump hadn't made that bad call, but at least it would have felt like a legitimate win. Even my SIL in L.A. -- a rabid Dodger fan if ever there was one -- isn't happy about last night's ending.

I'd give 'em what they deserve -- a fresh, stinky dog turd.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #115 on: October 16, 2021, 10:29:53 pm »
TWO Grand Slams in 2 innings this afternoon by the Red Sox, who are up 9-1 right now.

This can't be considered 'good' for TV ratings.

The Lord may punish me, but I'm pulling for the ASTROS to play the DODGERS in the World Series.

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #116 on: October 17, 2021, 08:22:49 pm »
The Lord may punish me, but I'm pulling for the ASTROS to play the DODGERS in the World Series.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #117 on: October 18, 2021, 11:53:59 am »

@Polly Ticks

After last night's game...there IS something endearing about the BRAVES.

Wish that Nick Matrakis was able to be part of it.

Edit to add:  IMO, the Dodgers have just lost Max Scherzer for the future.  He's gone.

One does not take Max out after only 4.2 innings on THAT 'stage'.  He gives up a 2 run bomb which only tied the score.

Edit 2 to add:  I miss the hell out of @EasyAce !!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 11:59:00 am by DCPatriot »

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #118 on: October 18, 2021, 01:38:57 pm »
@DCPatriot
Yeah, I miss Markakis, too.  Loved that guy.

Scherzer was saying in his post-game press conference last night that his arm was dead and he told them they'd need to take him out ... kind of shocking for him to admit that, really.

https://twitter.com/SportsNetLA/status/1449957989549416449

What ever happened to EasyAce, does anyone know? I always enjoyed his post-game write-ups.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #119 on: October 18, 2021, 01:40:35 pm »
@DCPatriot
Yeah, I miss Markakis, too.  Loved that guy.

Scherzer was saying in his post-game press conference last night that his arm was dead and he told them they'd need to take him out ... kind of shocking for him to admit that, really.

What ever happened to EasyAce, does anyone know? I always enjoyed his post-game write-ups.

Dead arm?

Didn't Scherzer pitch for Dusty Baker a few years ago?  That'd make sense.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #120 on: October 18, 2021, 02:30:08 pm »
TWO Grand Slams in 2 innings this afternoon by the Red Sox, who are up 9-1 right now.

This can't be considered 'good' for TV ratings.

@DCPatriot

Trust me, I was in shock.
The Astros did put up 5, but you can't spot the Red Sox 9 in the first 2 innings.
Tonight in Boston, 7pm central time.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #121 on: October 18, 2021, 02:32:43 pm »
@Polly Ticks

After last night's game...there IS something endearing about the BRAVES.

Wish that Nick Matrakis was able to be part of it.

Edit to add:  IMO, the Dodgers have just lost Max Scherzer for the future.  He's gone.

One does not take Max out after only 4.2 innings on THAT 'stage'.  He gives up a 2 run bomb which only tied the score.

Edit 2 to add:  I miss the hell out of @EasyAce !!

If it is an Astros/Dodgers rematch, it may be without Scherzer AND McCullers.
I miss @EasyAce, too.

Offline MikePence

« Reply #122 on: October 19, 2021, 06:43:12 pm »
Dead arm?

Didn't Scherzer pitch for Dusty Baker a few years ago?  That'd make sense.

The problem I have is he had demanded to be, taken out the dodgers weren't, like oh no and take the ball from him Joe Girardi would have skipped him in the rotation if he knew he had a dead arm, not just because of the NLCS but because it is the health of your player and the dodgers get in. And we are not. It's not right the dodgers don't deserve to be that close to the world series Dave Roberts needs to get replaced in the offseason. How does he let him pitch in a big-time game in that condition?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2021, 06:44:39 pm by MikePence »

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #123 on: October 20, 2021, 04:36:26 pm »
You guys remember back in early June with Tyler Zombro of the Durham Bulls was hit in the head with a 104mph line drive? I hadn't heard anything about him lately so did a quick Google search and it looks like he's doing really well.
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/32084290/durham-bulls-pitcher-tyler-zombro-remarkable-recovery-being-hit-line-drive

Also, does anyone know where @EasyAce went? I miss his write-ups for these playoff games. Does anyone know if they are available elsewhere?

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #124 on: October 21, 2021, 12:38:00 am »
You guys remember back in early June with Tyler Zombro of the Durham Bulls was hit in the head with a 104mph line drive? I hadn't heard anything about him lately so did a quick Google search and it looks like he's doing really well.
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/32084290/durham-bulls-pitcher-tyler-zombro-remarkable-recovery-being-hit-line-drive

Also, does anyone know where @EasyAce went? I miss his write-ups for these playoff games. Does anyone know if they are available elsewhere?
He decided to take some time away from the board. But it appears he is once again writing!

https://throneberryfields.com/
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024