Author Topic: Baseball 2021 - Play Ball! ⚾  (Read 14059 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Baseball 2021 - Play Ball! ⚾
« on: April 01, 2021, 03:06:30 am »

With our resident baseball writer on sabbatical, and Opening Day tomorrow, here is your thread for baseball chat for the 2021 season.

MLB official site:
https://mlb.com/

Wikipedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_Major_League_Baseball_season
« Last Edit: May 30, 2021, 08:52:31 pm by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Re: Baseball 2021 - Play Ball! âš¾
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2021, 03:09:24 am »
Prayers for Easyace... Hope you are ok buddy !
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2021, 03:29:24 am »
Prayers for Easyace... Hope you are ok buddy !
He's doing all right. He left a note in the Members Lounge--just taking some time off from the board to take care of some other personal projects. So I'm stepping in as sports/entertainment moderator for a while.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2021, 07:02:55 am »
He's doing all right. He left a note in the Members Lounge--just taking some time off from the board to take care of some other personal projects. So I'm stepping in as sports/entertainment moderator for a while.

Thank you Jm, so glad to hear that.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 07:05:48 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2021, 12:31:36 pm »
Yay, baseball season is finally here!!

Thanks for the shiny new thread, @jmyrlefuller !
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2021, 01:06:02 pm »
I'm pissed!

They can cancel/postpone an NFL/NBA or college game due to 'Covid' just a few days prior to the date, but they refuse to move the starting time of freaking OPENING DAY when the forecast is "below freezing temperatures" and 40mph winds.

IMHO, they place the players in a very dangerous situation.

For example, the 'Aces' of BOTH teams are on the mound.  If I was Max Scherzer, I'd tell them to stick it up their collective asses.

And what about an All-Star outfielder who throws his arm out in attempts to keep the guy from taking another base?

And on top of that, it's an "Off-Day" tomorrow.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2021, 01:19:58 pm »
I'm pissed!

They can cancel/postpone an NFL/NBA or college game due to 'Covid' just a few days prior to the date, but they refuse to move the starting time of freaking OPENING DAY when the forecast is "below freezing temperatures" and 40mph winds.

IMHO, they place the players in a very dangerous situation.

For example, the 'Aces' of BOTH teams are on the mound.  If I was Max Scherzer, I'd tell them to stick it up their collective asses.

And what about an All-Star outfielder who throws his arm out in attempts to keep the guy from taking another base?

And on top of that, it's an "Off-Day" tomorrow.

Interesting that opening day and late in the year, around the World Series, that you have these issues, especially the farther north you go.
Is there rain or snow in the forecast?
Maybe they will cancel it.
The old Candlestick Park had major wind issues, regardless of the time of year.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2021, 01:49:50 pm »
Interesting that opening day and late in the year, around the World Series, that you have these issues, especially the farther north you go.
Is there rain or snow in the forecast?
Maybe they will cancel it.
The old Candlestick Park had major wind issues, regardless of the time of year.

@GrouchoTex

Forecast is for high temps in the 40's during the day, high winds as a big cold front just arrived after yesterday's rain all day.  Temps to be in the 30's with winds up to 40 mph at game time.

Totally ridiculous, especially given that tomorrow is an off-day.

And, they're only letting 5K fans inside...so it's not like they have a 45K sell-out!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 02:29:56 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2021, 02:16:47 pm »
@jmyrlefuller

Great Job!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2021, 05:00:52 pm »
Nationals-Mets Opening Day Game Postponed Due to Covid Issues

According to ESPN:

Nationals general manager Mike Rizzo had said Wednesday that his club would be down five players and a staff member for Opening Day after a player tested positive for COVID-19.

There are concerns about at least one more positive COVID-19 test with the Nationals following the positive Wednesday, sources tell ESPN’s Jeff Passan.

The next game scheduled between the two teams is for Saturday at 4:05 p.m. ET.

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2021/04/01/nationals-mets-opening-day-game-postponed-due-to-covid-issues/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2021, 05:05:53 pm »
Nationals-Mets Opening Day Game Postponed Due to Covid Issues

According to ESPN:

Nationals general manager Mike Rizzo had said Wednesday that his club would be down five players and a staff member for Opening Day after a player tested positive for COVID-19.

There are concerns about at least one more positive COVID-19 test with the Nationals following the positive Wednesday, sources tell ESPN’s Jeff Passan.

The next game scheduled between the two teams is for Saturday at 4:05 p.m. ET.

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2021/04/01/nationals-mets-opening-day-game-postponed-due-to-covid-issues/

@mystery-ak

IMO...a bullsh*t excuse because the Baltimore Orioles vs. Boston Red Sox Opener was canceled last night for weather related reasons.

Baltimore is just a 30 minute drive from Washington, D.C..

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2021, 07:24:41 pm »
I say conservative states revoke the use of ballfields for MLB teams.  Those fields are paid for by taxpayers, not owners, players or the worthless league management.  I say we take a break from baseball since they embrace China as they do until they get smart or leave the country.  And I say good riddance!!!!

:yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2021, 08:05:10 pm »
@Polly Ticks

Saw the debacle around home plater in the 9th inning of the PHILLIES/BRAVES game last night.

Absolutely no excuse for not getting that call right.

They have cameras every damned place ...even planted inside the bases, but apparently none fixed directly above home plate??

BTW... he was "OUT"!

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2021, 08:14:22 pm »
@Polly Ticks

Saw the debacle around home plater in the 9th inning of the PHILLIES/BRAVES game last night.

Absolutely no excuse for not getting that call right.

They have cameras every damned place ...even planted inside the bases, but apparently none fixed directly above home plate??

BTW... he was "OUT"!

@DCPatriot

Right?  Did you see the
Jomboy breakdown where he ran three different angles simultaneously?

To borrow from Jackie Chiles, it was outrageous, egregious, and preposterous.

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2021, 08:55:38 pm »
Former Astros Manager A.J. Hinch returns to Houston today as the Manager of the Detriot Tigers.
It ought to be be interesting.
I think he will get a warm reception.
Fans loved the guy.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2021, 08:50:07 pm »

GO NATS!!   :laugh:

Online DCPatriot

Re: Baseball 2021 - Play Ball! ⚾
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2021, 10:40:18 am »

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2021, 02:46:16 pm »
ASTROS!
11 straight wins!
4 of them against the Chicago White Sox.
The other 7 games, not against teams as good as the White Sox, LOL.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2021, 02:51:02 pm »
ASTROS!
11 straight wins!
4 of them against the Chicago White Sox.
The other 7 games, not against teams as good as the White Sox, LOL.

@GrouchoTex

I'd still demand that after every HR the ASTROS hit, that the batter strip down to his underwear immediately after he touches home plate.

Anyone notice that his teammates no longer tear Altuve's jersey off after a walk-off?    :laugh:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2021, 03:05:09 pm »
Former Astros Manager A.J. Hinch returns to Houston today as the Manager of the Detriot Tigers.
It ought to be be interesting.
I think he will get a warm reception.
Fans loved the guy.

As a former baseball fan, I pretty much didn't intend to post on these threads anyway.  But for Hinch to have any role of any kind after allowing all that cheating back in '17?  Baseball is nothing but worthless garbage as far as I am concerned.  The game can circle the drain as far as I am concerned.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2021, 05:42:07 pm »

@GrouchoTex

I'd still demand that after every HR the ASTROS hit, that the batter strip down to his underwear immediately after he touches home plate.

Anyone notice that his teammates no longer tear Altuve's jersey off after a walk-off?    :laugh:

@DCPatriot

LOL.
The trash cans?
Yeah, they did that, admitted as much.
The buzzers?
Makes me laugh every time I hear it.
Yankee fans are convinced of it, since 2019, when Altuve rocked that hanging slider out of the park.
Yet, Chapman has been blowing a lot of saves lately, so perhaps, Chapman isn't the star he's made out to be.
Since it's Yankees fan that are getting upset, I think it's a great conspiracy theory, that fans of all the other 29 teams ought to keep going, just to piss them off.
 :cool:

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2021, 05:46:38 pm »
As a former baseball fan, I pretty much didn't intend to post on these threads anyway.  But for Hinch to have any role of any kind after allowing all that cheating back in '17?  Baseball is nothing but worthless garbage as far as I am concerned.  The game can circle the drain as far as I am concerned.

Dallas Keuchel was in Houston last week, playing for the White Sox.
His first time back since he left the team.
Did you hear what he had to say about 2017?

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2021, 07:34:27 pm »
Okay I know this is really about USA baseball, but I caught a report about a little rhubarb that happened in Mexican League baseball yesterday,  Muy emocionante! https://nypost.com/2021/06/24/video-mexican-league-player-sets-off-brawl-with-bat-attack/

Action you just don't see in American baseball............thankfully.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2021, 09:05:07 pm »
Okay I know this is really about USA baseball, but I caught a report about a little rhubarb that happened in Mexican League baseball yesterday,  Muy emocionante! https://nypost.com/2021/06/24/video-mexican-league-player-sets-off-brawl-with-bat-attack/

Action you just don't see in American baseball............thankfully.

@GtHawk

Actually, I'm surprised that it hasn't already happened in the MLB.

The other day the Orioles...the shittiest team in The Show...hit THREE Home Runs back-to back.  Of course, the next guy was plunked high on his shoulder.  The batter stepped toward the mound a bit, but the ump intervened and immediately threw the pitcher out of the game.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2021, 09:20:39 pm »
@GtHawk

Actually, I'm surprised that it hasn't already happened in the MLB.

The other day the Orioles...the shittiest team in The Show...hit THREE Home Runs back-to back.  Of course, the next guy was plunked high on his shoulder.  The batter stepped toward the mound a bit, but the ump intervened and immediately threw the pitcher out of the game.
@DCPatriot
I don't know if you caught it on the NYPOST page, I didn't until after I posted, there was a link to another story out of the Dominican Republic on 5/24 about a player unhappy with the plate umpires calls so he attacked him with both his bat and helmet, WTF! Elvis LeBron — a former Cubs prospect ........who has a history of bad behavior, they say. And the Cubs declined to pick him up, baffling.