Author Topic: A step backward’: Coca-Cola joins fellow top Atlanta employer Delta in blasting new Georgia voting c  (Read 607 times)

Online Hoodat

A step backward’: Coca-Cola joins fellow top Atlanta employer Delta in blasting new Georgia voting curbs as undemocratic

March 31, 2021 at 6:18 p.m. ET

ATLANTA (AP) — Some of Georgia’s most prominent corporate leaders on Wednesday began to more forcefully criticize the state’s sweeping new election law, acknowledging the concerns of civil-rights activists who say the measure threatens the democratic process.

The chief executives of Delta Air Lines DAL, -1.27% and Coca-Cola KO, -0.83% called the law “unacceptable,” opening an unusual rift with Republican leaders who championed the legislation and typically enjoy a cozy relationship with the state’s business community.

Business leaders in Georgia, home to more than a dozen Fortune 500 companies, typically wield significant clout over the direction of the state’s politics and they were blamed by civil rights activists for not opposing the law before passed this month. The comments from Delta and Coca-Cola could add pressure on the state’s other marquee brands, including UPS UPS, +0.80% and Home Depot HD, +0.14%, to take a stronger stand.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/a-step-backward-coca-cola-joins-fellow-top-atlanta-employer-delta-in-blasting-new-georgia-voting-curbs-as-undemocratic-01617229141

Both Delta and CocaCola can move the hell to California as far as I'm concerned.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

Heh. I ain't had a Royal Crown in a long, long time.  :beer:

But then, I ain't had a CoCola or a Pepsi either.

Would love to help, but I drink sweet tea like it's going out of style. Nothing Coke has interests me much.
Last fizzy drink I had was probably either a root beer or a creme soda, and that was well before the Wuhan flu came around. Heck maybe a year before that.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
No one really GAF about what some Woke-aid drinking CEO thinks.   Make your New "Whiteless" Coke and fly your cattle pen planes.  It's simple you... are not special.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Georgia House Passes Bill Removing Delta Tax Break After CEO Criticism

Nate Church 1 Apr 2021

Georgia Republicans voted to strip Delta Air Lines of a multi-million dollar jet fuel tax break Wednesday.

Later on the same day that Delta Air Lines CEO Ed Bastian released a memo to employees on what he called “unacceptable” new voting laws in Georgia, the state’s House of Representatives voted to strip the company of a tax break on jet fuel. The response came via a late provision to tax bill HB 477, adding new levies on jet fuel as of July 1.

Hours before, Bastian excoriated the aforementioned voting rights bill, which adds ID requirements for mail in votes, restricts the use of ballot drop boxes, expands weekend voting access, and bans the practice of “line warming.” Bastian said it was an “excuse” to “restrict voting rights,” and that the “entire rationale for this bill was based on a lie: that there was widespread voter fraud in Georgia in the 2020 elections.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/04/01/georgia-house-passes-bill-removing-delta-tax-break-ceo-criticism/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Idiot

I never liked Coke anyway.  Delta?....them either.

Offline Idiot

Georgia House Passes Bill Removing Delta Tax Break After CEO Criticism

Nate Church 1 Apr 2021

Georgia Republicans voted to strip Delta Air Lines of a multi-million dollar jet fuel tax break Wednesday.

Later on the same day that Delta Air Lines CEO Ed Bastian released a memo to employees on what he called “unacceptable” new voting laws in Georgia, the state’s House of Representatives voted to strip the company of a tax break on jet fuel. The response came via a late provision to tax bill HB 477, adding new levies on jet fuel as of July 1.

Hours before, Bastian excoriated the aforementioned voting rights bill, which adds ID requirements for mail in votes, restricts the use of ballot drop boxes, expands weekend voting access, and bans the practice of “line warming.” Bastian said it was an “excuse” to “restrict voting rights,” and that the “entire rationale for this bill was based on a lie: that there was widespread voter fraud in Georgia in the 2020 elections.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/04/01/georgia-house-passes-bill-removing-delta-tax-break-ceo-criticism/
LOLOLOLOL....ok...this is good!   pointing-up

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
LOLOLOLOL....ok...this is good!   pointing-up

Yep! It's called fighting fire with fire!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Hoodat

No, the Georgia Senate didn't vote.  The Georgia legislature is a madhouse in the closing days of their term.  Each yearly session is limited to 40 days.  Once that expires, the legislature must wait until next year (unless the Governor calls a special session).
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-