Author Topic: Cleveland Indians prohibiting fans with redface, Native American headdresses into Progressive Field  (Read 386 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Cleveland Indians prohibiting fans with redface, Native American headdresses into Progressive Field
Additional policies released for 2021 season

By: Kaylyn Hlavaty
Posted at 2:02 PM, Mar 31, 2021
and last updated 1:07 PM, Mar 31, 2021

CLEVELAND — In a long list of what fans can expect at Progressive Field for the 2021 season, the Cleveland Indians announced it will not allow fans into Progressive Field with “headdresses and face paint styled in a way that references or appropriates American Indian cultures and traditions.”

Anyone wearing inappropriate or offensive images, words, dress or face paint must be covered or removed, and failure to do so will constitute grounds for ejection or refusal of admission, the organization stated.

The new policy comes after the announcement from the team last year that professional baseball in Cleveland will be played by a team with a different name.

The Cleveland Indians held discussions in the summer 2020 about the possibility of a name change after years of protests calling the team name and former Chief Wahoo logo “derogatory,” “racist” and “offensive.”

more
https://www.news5cleveland.com/sports/baseball/indians/cleveland-indians-prohibiting-fans-with-redface-native-american-headdresses-into-progressive-field
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
" professional baseball in Cleveland will be played by a team with a different name."

Some would argue that "professional" baseball has rarely been played in Cleveland. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
" professional baseball in Cleveland will be played by a team with a different name."

Some would argue that "professional" baseball has rarely been played in Cleveland.

:yowsa:  That would be me!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien